• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My Hair Transplant with Vinci Hair Clinic

SADbutTRUE

SADbutTRUE

Valued member
good growth to ya, i can relate to the high forehead, it stinks, your right on tract to a very good result, how did you deal with the 1st three months , they must be the hardest untill you start to see those babies grow,

yidd0

yidd0

just interested to know aj, who was your surgeon mate ? I take it he was spanish as the clinic was in malaga. !! How many techs did you have working on you aswell. Who placed the grafts? Just be really interested to know. cheers mate

yidd0

yidd0

Just been looking into the vinci hair clinic, they same seem to be pretty big, about 6 different countries of clinics, with 5 in the UK. Whats more worrying Dr Richard Rogers has turned up, and he is the london surgeon...not good !!

Just want to know aj, when you went for your london consult, did you know who your surgeon was going to be before you arrived in malaga ? did you see many examples of his work ? im just curious about you research mate

A

aj11

Hey Guys, just a quick post to answer some of your questions.

SadbutTRUE - The first three months I found particularly difficult! I suppose this is because after losing the scabs post-op, you get a glimpse of your new hairline. Then, it all falls out and you feel like you have taken a few steps back.
However, the way I got through it is by just saying to yourself that everyday your one day closer to having hair again. Try to keep yourself busy with other things e.g. work, a hobby or something along those lines. Before you know it, your time to grow will come and I'm really enjoying that phase at the moment!

Yidd0 - Good to have you on the thread mate! To take you from the start, I travelled to London and met with a senior Vinci consultant called Salvar Bjornsson (a previous Vinci patient and author of this book - http://www.amazon.co.uk/today-tomorrow-complete-guide-ebook/dp/B005PYAGAU/ref=la_B005QPQMZQ_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353535131&sr=1-1)
He had a look at my hair and also used some sort of digital microscope on my scalp. I was able to see (on an ipad) the thinning follicles and then we discussed the possibilities I had. He showed me dozens of before and after images of their previous patients and then told me about the option to have the procedure in the UK or out in Spain.

I was aware that there wasn't too much good press about UK procedures so instantly I was leaning towards the Spanish Clinic. I was told the Spanish surgeon was Dr. Nesto Pisanno, after some research it seemed that he was a very competent surgeon and all reviews seemed positive. To have the procedure in Spain was £700 cheaper and I was assured that this reduced price did not mean a compromise in the quality of the work.

Vinci paid for my two night stay in a VERY nice hotel just around the corner from the clinic. I was picked up from the airport and taken to the hotel, again all to Vinci's expense.
On the day of surgery I met with a Vinci Client Coordinator and then Dr. Pisanno. We had a long chat about what I wanted and then spent some time designing the hairline. The strip was removed in no time at all and then the placing started. As the technicians were situated behind me on digital microscopes I couldn't really see them but I'm almost sure there were six of them altogether. The procedure start to finish was nine hours.

I hope this answers your questions, if you have any more then please ask away, it's great to share my experience with you!!

AJ

A

aj11

Here is a 14 week update for you while I'm at it (Left side)

Attachments

• Photo 17-11-2012 14 13 50.jpg
    Photo 17-11-2012 14 13 50.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 8,463
A

aj11

14 weeks (Right side)

Attachments

• Photo 17-11-2012 14 14 16.jpg
    Photo 17-11-2012 14 14 16.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 7,416
yidd0

yidd0

Thanks for your reply aj. You certainly made a good choice having your procedure in spain than here in the UK. Dr Rogers does not have a good reputation. Your pics look good so far, looking forward to seeing the rest. cheers mate

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi

Looks like its all happening for you now very similair to my 14 week picture , really pleased for you enjoy the ride it just gets better and better

Cheers

D

A

aj11

Hi Guys, just a quick update for you. I'm a little over 17 weeks post -op and am glad to report that things really are starting to happen for me now!

I am over the moon with the hair that is coming through, it seems I can identify new growth everyday and as I'm only 17 weeks in, I hope there is much more to come.

Last week, for the first time in my young life I styled my hair so it was off my face, I cannot tell you how fantastic it was and I really felt like some demons were killed off at that point!

During the shedding stage of my surgery, I remember reading people's posts about how they would receive comments from friends, family,etc complimenting the way they looked (not knowing what had changed). For the first time last week I also received several of these compliments and I can assure anyone who has just had or is thinking of surgery, when you get one it makes you feel fantastic!

Hopefully the coming months will continue to be positive!

Cheers all,

AJ

Attachments

• Photo 10-12-2012 12 54 29.jpg
    Photo 10-12-2012 12 54 29.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 8,587
A

aj11

Here we have the left side

Attachments

• Photo 10-12-2012 12 53 59.jpg
    Photo 10-12-2012 12 53 59.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 7,322
A

aj11

Here is the a right side

Attachments

• Photo 10-12-2012 12 54 15.jpg
    Photo 10-12-2012 12 54 15.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 7,217
G

golferguy

Just came across this post caught my eye as you had the work done with Vinci same as me same doc too in Malaga. Mine was a few years ago best thing i ever did, weird thing is none of my friends have noticed it grow back which is great as i didnt tell any of them. Reading the forums its a lottery getting a good result i'm glad i did my research or maybe i just got lucky.

Someone commented on Propecia and side effects i have used it for quite some time no side effects at all i read less than 2% do so you were unlucky

P

peapoddy

Valued member
Looks great so far!:)I had similar hair line work done, and i'm almost at the 1 month post op stage :)The waiting is so hard, but i know it will be worth it in the end

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Buddy

Its all happening for you now the difference between your last update is brilliant and its just going to get better and better , am glad your receiving good positive comments from freinds and family but most of all its really good to here your feeling good about yourself this is what its all about self esteem coming back and confidence , am over the moon for you

Take Care I Care

Cheers

D

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Looks to me as though the exciting stages have arrived dude. Happy for ya!

yidd0

yidd0

How are things coming along AJ ? You must be about 5-6 months now arnt you ? Be nice to see how things look for you now.

D

diamond8

Valued member
How is the Growth coming in? It has been a while & Just curious as to if you are content with how everything is going.