• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My SMG experience

M

Migg

Valued member
Hi All,

I just want to share my experience as it was only through reading these forums and learning from others that I decided to take the plunge. I think there is a great community out there and it has helped me tremendously. I €™m 33 and have been considering this for a couple years and after countless research, decided on Shapiro Medical Group. I am almost one week post op after receiving 1237 grafts €“ 1828 hairs via FUE (1 €™s €“ 646, 2 €™s €“ 591) from Dr. Paul Shapiro €“ was told 3 €™s / 4 €™s were cut to 1 €™s / 2 €™s as that is what is typical in hairlines. Things are going very well and I will be updating at the regular intervals.

As for my rollercoaster ride, I flew in on a Wednesday, my surgery scheduled for Thursday / Friday. I experienced a whole range of emotions from excitement to fear to anxiety to regret to finally wondering "what the hell am I doing here?" Well, it was quickly answered as I made my way to the office Thursday morning and ran into Dr. Paul who had just walked through the door himself. He warmly welcomed me, had me fill out appropriate papers, pick my lunch and then to his office to plan our attack making sure we carefully considered the future, and answer all my questions.

I then proceeded to the surgery room where I met Thomas who would be performing all extractions. Great guy who put all my worries to ease and answered more of my million and one questions. Although I despise needles all the work was pain free. I believe it was after lunch that Dr. Paul began making incisions (required more valium at this point to deal with the sound) and then Shelli began placing the grafts. She was also responsible for splitting the grafts and was happy to show me how it all worked under her microscope. We wrapped up around 4:30 and repeated the procedure on Friday.

Along the ride, I was finally introduced to the famous Janna and Matt who I had initially been in contact with at the start of this process. They continue to stay in contact and answer all post op questions which means a lot.

Overall, I was very impressed and satisfied with Dr. Paul Shapiro, his staff and their professionalism. Everyone was pleasant and really seemed to enjoy their job which is a rarity in today's market. I would not hesitate in recommending Shapiro Medical Group.

Now the tough part, waiting....

Peace

Migg

429_041740_430000001.jpg

429_041740_430000000.jpg

429_041740_180000004.jpg

429_041740_170000002.jpg

429_041740_180000003.jpg

429_041740_170000001.jpg

Last edited:
Masher

Masher

Hey Mig-you chose the right guy and work looks great-will be an awesome result when its all grown out.
Keep us posted dude and grow well my friend ;-)

Mash

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Your hair looks pretty strong before the HT, so i'm sure the procedure will be the icing on the cake!

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Migg,

Thanks for taking the time to post your experience. We appreciate all our patients who document their progress for everyone to see. Migg looks like a 24 year old now so he'll be looking like a baby once his hairs grow. Looking forward to following your ht journey. You know where to find me with any questions or concerns. - J

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Migg.

Your hairloss is minimal compared to some of us here but I know from experience how even the minimal loss can effect us. Thanks for posting your experience,the work looks vey good. Hope you keep us updated and even participate to help others.

Heal and grow well.

bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
looks superb dude, really glad you posted your story as it will help others in similar situations!!

just wait until 12 months buddy and you will be a new man, another fantastic job by Dr Paul ¬b`

please keep us updated buddy;)

M

Migg

Valued member
Thanks for the support and kind words.

BigMac: will do and it is definitely all in the eyes of the beholder.

Here are a couple day 8 pics...

429_081336_350000001.jpg

429_081336_350000000.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Migg.

It looks like you are nearly fully healed in the donor extraction area,how is it all feeling now.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hey Migg,

Thanks for the update. Has the pin prick sensation resolved now?

Hope you're doing well.

J

H

hairtech

Thanks for the kind words Migg. And thanks for the update! Keep in touch.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
thanks for the update Migg....looking good dude;)