• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

    Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My updates post hair transplant surgery

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
Bigmac wrote:
You may have some shock loss or your hair may be going through a shed which can make you think you're not getting much growth.
Again, all you can do is wait and try not to worry about it as you should be ok in a few more months.
Yes and grafts are permanent after a week anyway? Yes still have hair shedding ! Also still some stalled grafts that are not growing even at month 5 - so took some tweezers and they slid out!!

Btw isn't the shock loss meant to occur a few weeks after surgery?
 
Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Supersmooth,
I actually hear this quite often where patients who were really happy with growth from their first procedure are expecting the same growth timeline for their next procedure. I'm afraid you can't judge growth from one procedure to the next, at least not this early. My guess is that you'll fee a lot differently at the end of 7 months to 14 months post op. Patience is definitely needed.
 
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
janna wrote:
Hi Supersmooth,
I actually hear this quite often where patients who were really happy with growth from their first procedure are expecting the same growth timeline for their next procedure. I'm afraid you can't judge growth from one procedure to the next, at least not this early. My guess is that you'll fee a lot differently at the end of 7 months to 14 months post op. Patience is definitely needed.
Thanks for the reassurance Janna!

I guess with 1st procedure it was more exciting with the new hairline and of course more noticeable because the hair was implanted and re growing from totally bald area's unlike the 2nd procedure.

I actually emailed the clinic and they did say that the hair quality that's extracted from the donor area is the same as during the first procedure and perhaps less noticeable because the hair wasn't implanted in bald areas and patience is needed. - I was just keen to hear other opinions that's all.

I did get someone to take a snap photo of my crown (where 2,000 hairs were implanted during 2nd procedure) and it looks more dense than before as does the tinning parts of my frontal island, (where 2,500 additional hairs were implanted during the 2nd procedure) - i can see tiny hairs but again don't know if this is existing hair or new hair growth. Time will tell and as you rightly said patience is needed.

Interestingly, I have notice some hair shedding around the donor area too and it's still itchy - and the donor part does look thin but at least it has grown back and covered all the marks where the extraction took place on both procedures.

But back to the regrowth of new hair around month 5 post second procedure - you are totally right! I can hardly see any visual difference then I could at this stage post first procedure.c;;9

I'll post some photos when there is some visible growth! Hopefully not long to wait now!:::C

Look forward to seeing some new growth soon.

PS - Just to remind everyone including the first and second procedure - I have had a total combination of 11,459 hairs implanted in the following zones - (7000 frontal, 959 middle 3500 back/crown). Not all grafts would have taken but that's quite a procedure.

I am keen to know what the maximum amount of hair which can be extracted and implanted is?
 
Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Shock loss usually does start shortly after surgery but it can take months to recover and return to normal growth
 
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend
Stay cool brother your going to be alright , as stated you need to wait it out the full result will not be till at least 12 months , we always expect things the same as the first time around but it does not work that way , the first time around we get blown away with the sudden dramatic changes that is taking place with our hair and this effects all parts of our mindset , you have done all the right things went back to the same Clinic same Dr so just be patient I wish you all the very best
Cheers
Daz
 
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
Thanks all. Just concerned because i can't see any regrowth - maybe regrowth of already new hair from previous transplant and regrowth of of existing hair in front after shock loss but can't see new hair and it's 5 months post surgery.

My crown (where 2000 hairs were implanted) has been itchy. I looked in handle mirror to find tiny stalled hairs (stubble wiry hair) - these are hairs that had not yet shed, and caused so much itching and some pimples, so i took some tweezers to pluck them out (making sure they are implanted stalled hairs) - they were loose anyway and slid out. I could tell they were transplanted hairs (stalled) as they were only 2-4mm long!

I have a question -

1. Can new hair grow even if the transplanted hair hasn't shed yet or does the transplanted hair had to shed in order for new hair to grow!?

2. Will plucking out (gently) the stalled, stiff implanted hairs that haven't shed affect the growth of new hair or could it damage the hair follicle? - I assume the follicles remain inside scalp regardless?

3). I have also been using hair gel and styling my hair with a comb. Unlike during first procedure, which was such a success at month 5. Could using hair gel and a comb cause slow down the rate of new hair growth?

I have emailed my clinic about my slight concern! Mainly because (having referred back) of the fact that this time around 5th month post my first transplant procedure, there was some noticeable cosmetic changes to my looks and some good visible new hair growth.

So it's a surprise to see not growth yet - but i understand what you say BIGMAC and Janna!

I will inform you of their response.

Really keeping fingers crossed to see some growth and soon.

Thanks for advice, thoughts and support all - as always! cheers. :::C

Sean
 
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
Sorry ...asked too many questions - just past the 5 months mark - 5 months and 1 week. Within the past week - I can see some fine, thin wiry hair in the frontal island zones but not sure if this is existing hair that has re grown or new hair re growing from transplant. As for the back - Well.. nothing can be seen so far, but from what i remember the crown usually takes longer for hair to regrow.

If this is new hair and I hope it is - then (in terms of new hair growth) it looks like I am around 2 months behind this very time stage post first procedure.

During the first procedure I saw some regrowth of new hair from around the 3rd month post procedure.
 
Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It is more than likely new growth you are seeing which is good news and crowns generally do grow slower for some reason.
Don't worry about asking questions as that's what the forum is here for, to help patients.
 
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
Supersmooth wrote:
Bigmac wrote:
It is more than likely new growth you are seeing which is good news and crowns generally do grow slower for some reason.
Don't worry about asking questions as that's what the forum is here for, to help patients.
Thanks, well in that case as I am 2 -3 months behind time i won't expect to see regrowth of new hair in the crown until the beginning of 7th month post op. Time will tell. A reminder here

Me - directly After 1st procedure - 21st Nov 2015 - (6425 hairs implanted in front, middle and crown)





Me - Directly After 2nd Procedure -27th April 2017 - (5034 hairs implanted in front, middle and crown)

Directly after 2nd procedure - You can see that there has been more hair implanted in that frontal island zone and middle to make it more dense as well as the crown at back.

They did say that I had sufficient new hair implanted in the frontal zone and now extra hair should be needed - even in that thinning island patch. - Hopefully will look like a nice 'D' shape on it's side.

Can't wait for the result. - Just hope it does even out a little and dense up. :::C

The doctor at clinic said I may need a 3rd procedure (more hair for the middle and crown) - maybe 1500 but they asked me to wait 2 years and see. This is only because they could only extract 5034 hairs during the 2nd procedure.
 
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
Supersmooth wrote:
Thought I would post on here seeing as I haven't posted in a while
I am now just over 1 year post 2nd procedure and 2.5 years post first procedure which was done @ Hair Palace and would like to share results.
Firstly - the FUE during the second procedure was less noticeable so the cosmetic change looks less subtle because it was more hair being implanted in Existing hair instead of bald patches like the first.
I visited clinic and doctor said I could still potentially have a further 4500 hairs extracted and implanted for a 3rd and final procedure because my natural hair is still thinning on my crown sadly!
Firstly, I will show you the change from the front Taken before first procedure and 1 year after second procedure . - Looks quite good but the back doesn't.
Will upload recent photos taken at clinic.
The annoying thing is that I am still losing my natural hair in the crown especially and the doctor did suggest to wait at least two years before my 3rd and final procedure
 

Attachments

  • 1 year after the second surgery (3).jpg
    1 year after the second surgery (3).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 639
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
Supersmooth wrote:
Supersmooth wrote:
Thought I would post on here seeing as I haven't posted in a while
I am now just over 1 year post 2nd procedure and 2.5 years post first procedure which was done @ Hair Palace and would like to share results.
Firstly - the FUE during the second procedure was less noticeable so the cosmetic change looks less subtle because it was more hair being implanted in Existing hair instead of bald patches like the first.
I visited clinic and doctor said I could still potentially have a further 4500 hairs extracted and implanted for a 3rd and final procedure because my natural hair is still thinning on my crown sadly!
Firstly, I will show you the change from the front Taken before first procedure and 1 year after second procedure . - Looks quite good but the back doesn't.
Will upload recent photos taken at clinic.
The annoying thing is that I am still losing my natural hair in the crown especially and the doctor did suggest to wait at least two years before my 3rd and final procedure
Notice the middle and crown still looks thin!?
 

Attachments

  • 1 year after the second surgery (2).jpg
    1 year after the second surgery (2).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 648
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
Supersmooth wrote:
Supersmooth wrote:
Thought I would post on here seeing as I haven't posted in a while
I am now just over 1 year post 2nd procedure and 2.5 years post first procedure which was done @ Hair Palace and would like to share results.
Firstly - the FUE during the second procedure was less noticeable so the cosmetic change looks less subtle because it was more hair being implanted in Existing hair instead of bald patches like the first.
I visited clinic and doctor said I could still potentially have a further 4500 hairs extracted and implanted for a 3rd and final procedure because my natural hair is still thinning on my crown sadly!
Firstly, I will show you the change from the front Taken before first procedure and 1 year after second procedure . - Looks quite good but the back doesn't.
Will upload recent photos taken at clinic.
The annoying thing is that I am still losing my natural hair in the crown especially and the doctor did suggest to wait at least two years before my 3rd and final procedure.
[highlight= rgb(248, 248, 248);]
[/highlight]Here with photo seeing the difference after x 2 FUE HT procedures.
 

Attachments

  • 26854122_10159942311925249_662271183_o.png.jpg
    26854122_10159942311925249_662271183_o.png.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 642
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
From the crown - showing the donor and they said the donor is still looking good even after x2 procedures exceeding 5000 hairs and 6000 hairs. - I could still manage 5000 hairs for a 3rd and final one. Hope it will be enough to cover that thinner or bald patch at back on top of crown as you can see!?

 

Attachments

  • 1 year after the second surgery (5).jpg
    1 year after the second surgery (5).jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
The front left:

 

Attachments

  • 1 year after the second surgery (4).jpg
    1 year after the second surgery (4).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 626
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
The front right side
 

Attachments

  • 1 year after the second surgery (6).jpg
    1 year after the second surgery (6).jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 627
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
Now for the thinner patches: - Notice nearer the crown section of scalp!??;ss;

 

Attachments

  • 1 year after the second surgery (10).jpg
    1 year after the second surgery (10).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Member
From the right side it looks good too:

All in all pleased with both procedures - new hair has grown out well - just frustrated that yet again my hair loss continues and natural hair esp the crown area as seen in above photos has fallen out and of course may require a 3rd but final procedure. WIll wait until next year.Meanwhile the front looks fantastic - that's the most important part. That island patch is has got thinner a little as well.
 

Attachments

  • 1 year after the second surgery (3).jpg
    1 year after the second surgery (3).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:
Top