• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

New Toy

J

JJ09

After reading a thread a while back where there is mention of a USB scope used to assess the donor area, I decided to purchase one. I found one on E-bay for $70, probably not the best of quality however, it work great €¦hours of fun checking out your scars, bald spots, taking snap shots etc. So if you €™ve got too much time on your hands like I have €¦enjoy! ;)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hope you`re not putting it where the sun don`t shine.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I looked at the title of this thread and immediately thought of other kinds of toys... Have I got it on the brain or wot.

V

VCM761

JJ09 wrote:
After reading a thread a while back where there is mention of a USB scope used to assess the donor area, I decided to purchase one. I found one on E-bay for $70, probably not the best of quality however, it work great €¦hours of fun checking out your scars, bald spots, taking snap shots etc. So if you €™ve got too much time on your hands like I have €¦enjoy! ;)
Would it be possible to post these pictures? See what the doctor see`s.

J

JJ09

Hi VCM761

Here is a picture of one of my scars I have taken using the scope! I haven't tried to take a video, however it is possible. ;)

J

JJ09

Forgot to attach pic!;;D

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 363
V

VCM761

Thats a real good close up, I may have to invest in one of those. Video would be good if you could oblige.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I like the scope too. Can you take a picture of the scope? I'm interested in what kind of video quality it will produce. We have a tough time taking close up videos with our cameras.

J

JJ09

VCM761 €¦
Janna €¦

There is adjustable (by the way of a wheel on the handle) LED lighting built in to the camera head, the handle also has a button for taking snap shots, you may be able to see this in the pictures.

I find that it €™s extremely sensitive to movement, however there is a clip included that I believe is for fixing the camera head (to something?) to allow for more steady use.

I will try to take some video soon €¦in regards to posting I €™m not sure about the format it produces €¦I €™ll see. Oh! Video is at 30 fps.

This was the cheapest one I could find on e-bay, I €™m sure the better quality ones would produce an excellent picture/video. ;)

Attachments

• P1310015.JPG
    P1310015.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 353
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Thanks so much for the pics. I'll have to ask Dr. Ron if it's similar to the Folli-scope we plan on purchasing. Our intention with the Folli-scope is to see the miniaturized hairs in the donor and recipient areas.

J

JJ09

You're welcome janna

Regarding video capture it €™s clear but must be taken close up, as with the still shot, the lens seems to magnify the object. I held the camera to my hairline and ran a comb through it slowly and it looked fine, however when combing more rapidly, the comb blurs.
I would like to see how many hairs per sq/cm I have in the donor area and I believe this device will capture that, only I will have to trim a 1 cm square area to do so...too difficult on your own.

janna wrote:
Our intention with the Folli-scope is to see the miniaturized hairs in the donor and recipient areas.
Interesting ;)

J

JJ09

Oh yeah! the 10 second video file was 120 megabytes way too large for me to upload!

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hey,

I showed Dr. Ron your picture of the scope and he said he purchased a similar scope from Micro Vid. Unfortunately, he couldn't find the CD/instructions for it so now I'm waiting for MicroVid to mail me one. When I get it up and running, I'll post a pic of a patient's donor and recipient sites....to return the favor.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi JJ.

Thanks for sharing your pictures,would your video upload on Youtube or Photobucket as you can then link it.

Janna.

Be good to see some pictures from SMG when you get the instructions.

the B spot

the B spot

Pick your Poison!
¬b`

I confess I was hesitant to open this thread...for fear of what I might see!!!!

It's all good tho';)

J

JJ09

Bigmac

I don't have Hi-Speed Internet and furthermore a limit on my upload/download, if it's possible to compress the video... I'll post it. ;)