• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Not all CROWN are the same

Dr. A s Clinic

Dr. A s Clinic

Valued member
Crown comes in different shapes, sizes and design. One man's balding crown may use 2000 grafts whereas another's may gobble up to 6000 grafts.

These pictures give an idea.

For crown baldness remember

- The sq cm bald area

- The type of hair curly or straight.

- Location and number of swirls (1-2) that need recreation.

collar_22_04_2019_09_09_55.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Interesting post with some good information. Why do transplants to the crown grow slower......always wandered that.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Wish I had the answer to why transplanted hairs grow slower in the crown because for as long as I can remember patients world over seem to ask this very question on a regular basis. At the end of the day, hair transplant patients have to keep in mind that they’ll get their full results at 12-16 months after surgery.

Often times we see patients post about early growth, those who get huge transformations by 5, 6, or 7 months but these are not the norm. Since every patient is different, slower than average growth shouldn’t cause undue worry. Most clinics say to wait 12 months to see full results but if you are a slow grower you may need to wait until 16 months after. Hair transplant patients definitely need patience.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Thanks Janna for replying...hope your well :)

It's been a while since I had a HT but I remember well just how hard it is to resist the temptation not to look in the mirror every few minutes lol....it gets easier after the first HT but I totally agree patience is something all HT patients need.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Interestingly, my crown procedure in 2013 with Dr. Lorenzo actually grew in very quickly. I had significant growth at four months and I'd say by month seven I had pretty much got my final result (which I was delighted with).

Everybody's different though as Janna says, so growth will happen when it happens.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
My own crown has used up a lot of grafts to achieve the result I wanted. Finasteride has definitely helped me to maintain and possibly regrow some miniaturised hair too.
Mine grew quite slowly, but I got there in the end.