• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Overcoming my fears with exceptional care from Dr Mark Tam

C

Clayton Kingman

Valued member
I have finally had a hair transplant after spending years considering it, I have a huge phobia of needles and surgeries in themselves. I was very fortunate that I came across Dr Mark Tam who despite me taking so long to decide remained patient, supportive and not once did he put me under pressure.

When I had my consultation he was open, honest and made sure he was absolutely clear in what results could be realistically achieved. He took the time to get to know me and understand why I wanted a transplant and if it was the right thing for me.

On the morning of the transplant we spent the first part going through the paper work, checking it was still what I wanted and talking through how the day would go. Then Dr Tam meticulously designed my new hairline(I have a thing about things having to be symmetrical). He then digitally measured the area to make sure the dense hairline results that I wanted would be achievable.

A number of my friends have been to Turkey to have it done and I had heard lots of stories about how painful it is, which certainly didn't help my fears. Dr Mark Tam and his team were exceptional throughout, putting me at ease and making me feel comfortable and in control. I only felt a very faint scratch on two occasions during the local anaesthetic and that was it, the rest was an absolute breeze and at one point I even found myself falling asleep.

The care I received throughout was exceptional, I really cannot thank Dr Tam and his team enough. Upon completion I was provided with a care pack and they talked through how to look after my new hair before giving me a special cap to leave with, I then received a call from Dr Tam upon returning home and he was also on hand late at night to answer any questions that I had. He then called me the following morning to check on how things were going.

If you are considering a hair transplant do not skimp on cost, I would highly recommend Dr Tam and his team. Exceptional care and results with a personal experience from Dr Tam throughout, no sales people like the others that I had spoken with!

C

Clayton Kingman

Valued member
Some photos from the surgery day

Attachments

• D86D544E-E3F7-448E-804A-558B1EB40D8F.jpeg
    D86D544E-E3F7-448E-804A-558B1EB40D8F.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 1,138
  • A1E68296-DB52-427A-8400-F043DDCA15B5.jpeg
    A1E68296-DB52-427A-8400-F043DDCA15B5.jpeg
    431.8 KB · Views: 1,123
  • 1B9493F8-DD4C-463A-BBE4-B0F0A00C65E2.jpeg
    1B9493F8-DD4C-463A-BBE4-B0F0A00C65E2.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 941
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Clayton, welcome to the forum.
It`s good to hear you had a great experience with Dr Tam. He is very relaxed and easy to get along with. The work looks nice and clean, very refined.
How many grafts did you receive?
Thanks for sharing your story, I`ll look forward to following your progress.
All the best.
Bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Looks good Dude.
How many grafts is it? I`m guessing 2300.

C

Clayton Kingman

Valued member
Hi Clayton, welcome to the forum.
It`s good to hear you had a great experience with Dr Tam. He is very relaxed and easy to get along with. The work looks nice and clean, very refined.
How many grafts did you receive?
Thanks for sharing your story, I`ll look forward to following your progress.
All the best.
Bm.

Thanks BM. I had 2542 grafts, found Dr Tam exceptional and he as been equally as good post procedure, always on hand to respond to any questions I have.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Clayton, good to hear you`re receiving good aftercare from Dr Tam. Thanks for confirming the graft count.
I`ll look forward to following your progress.

C

Clayton Kingman

Valued member
I am now 5 months into my transplant and I am really happy with both the transplant progress and the after care, Dr Tam has been great at providing reassurance every step of the way. One of my concerns was one side appears to be growing better than the other but I have been assured that’s not of concern. I’m just very pleased that I took the decision to have it done in the UK and with Dr Tam because I cannot fault him and he has supported me every step of the way and put up with my many questions.

On my Instagram I have been logging daily, weekly and monthly videos of the progress, feel free to check them out @clayton.kingman and if you have any questions feel free to DM me on Instagram

Attachments

• 6BD2971B-2F60-4CB9-B6F5-0B35EA6E7A5F.jpeg
    6BD2971B-2F60-4CB9-B6F5-0B35EA6E7A5F.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 740
  • 6841C91C-8EDE-4D06-96E9-E9958B6BA23A.jpeg
    6841C91C-8EDE-4D06-96E9-E9958B6BA23A.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 565
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Those corners look to be filling in nicely. It is quite normal for one side to grow in quicker than the other. Try not to to worry about it as it all should even up at some point.

C

Clayton Kingman

Valued member
Those corners look to be filling in nicely. It is quite normal for one side to grow in quicker than the other. Try not to to worry about it as it all should even up at some point.
Thank you, I am really happy with the progress so far and Dr Tam has been excellent in answering any questions or concerns I have.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Clayton. Any further progress with you being at month 7?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good Clayton. The new grafts are blending in well and look very natural. It is nice refined work.
Thanks for the update.

C

Clayton Kingman

Valued member
I am really happy with the progress, I shaved my head (Covid cut), something I would never have dreamed of in the last 15 years because of the hair loss.

Really happy with the progress and how natural it looks, it’s give me a new lease of confidence!

F23D9B05-3C10-4A5F-B030-A658C4200D1D.jpeg
00C48628-5220-4E8D-92B1-604A372722F2.jpeg