• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Peoples Fin dosages?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Just wondering what people are taking as their fin dosage? Eg 1mg every day? 1mg every other day. Or is anyone doing something different?

Bongo

Bongo

I tend to do 1mg 5 times a week, and have done for 4 years now. I have given myself Saturday and Wednesday off usually, although I’m in the process of changing from generic Fin to branded Propecia as I’m not convinced the dosage or product is working right for me. I then plan to take half a Propecia tablet 7 times a week, so 3.5mg’s in total per week. I’ve read quite a lot of evidence that a more regular and slightly smaller dosage can improve results and anywhere between 3-4.5mgs per week is about the maximum effective dosage. Although let’s be honest, no one really knows do they! So much guess work and trial and error involved in everyone’s own experience...good luck in your journey anyway. Regards, Bongo.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I started on 1mg per day back in 2005. I stuck to this rigidly for the first 10 years. Then after this I'd forget to take it for a day or two, maybe longer. Then I'd take a slightly higher dosage as I cut 5mg pills down.
As of now my dosage is still on average 1mg per day and seems to be still working.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I have cut down to 3mg a week so I’m taking it Monday, Wednesday and Friday as I think I was getting a few side effects but again I’m now sure if it’s just me being paranoid or over thinking it. From watching the hair loss video from the 2 doctors who say 3mg a week will still give you the same effectiveness with the least amount of side effects.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I watched that video too but they have no full studies to back up what they say. Most doctors say 1mg per day is the most effective. I agree with the lower amounts if you think you have side effects. Are there any medications that are risk free as they all come with warnings?
You could stick to it for 6 months and see what happens.

C

Coopman

Valued member
Probably take 1mg four times a week and maintaining. Been on Fin for 18 years and stabilised loss in this time. My hair loss progression was always a slowly progressive variant (started balding at 14 and prior to starting Fin at 25 i was a NW3). If i take a 4 month break from FIN my hair loss continues and my hair miniaturises.