• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

picking your nose after a transplant

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
just read this on another forum where a guy asked a highly respected doctor this question the answer is serious and makes perfect sense but i had to laugh as it tickled me)(_::

I had hair replacement surgery a month ago. I received 2700 grafs. I still have redness on top of my head as well as an itching from time to time.
How long will the redness remain and how long for the itching to go away?
Also, is it okay to scratch my scalp in the area where the transplants were placed. I currently scratch with the tips of my fingers, very, very lightly? Is that okay?Thank you.
Redness is generally minimal for most people. For those few individuals with a tendency to get red (having histamine positive skin), the redness may take weeks to completely go away. There are no straight rules. Topical steroids work to minimize redness or to treat it if it appears, but minimal use should be encouraged (speak with your doctor). Scratching vigorously is always a bad idea, because it tends to produce trauma to the delicate areas where the transplants were placed and increases your risks for infection at the hair follicle level. What you described sounds ok, as that is not scratching. Make sure your fingers are clean, that you do not pick your nose and then go to scratch your head, because the bacteria from the nose will seed the transplanted area for infection (don €™t laugh, as this happens frequently).

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Geeze,what a subject.

Make sure you dont pick your butt either.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Or have someone sit on head post op--as I know of a certain someone on another forum that seemed to be ok with this.)(_::

NN

bullitnut

bullitnut

signatures with links are not allowed on here unless BM has authorised them...people wont click on them on here sorry

bullitnut

bullitnut

signatures with links are not allowed on here unless BM has authorised them...people wont click on them on here sorry