• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Pigment Fading??

F

Frankie_Fryer

Just wondering if anyone could advise if it’s normal for the pigmentation to almost fade completely after the first session? I had my 1st appointment just over a week ago and it’s barely noticeable! I just don’t know how the 2nd and 3rd session is going to make any difference if the pigmentation is not taking to my skin??

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It is quite normal for that to happen. When is your 2nd session scheduled? Are you having temporary or permanent?

F

Frankie_Fryer

It is quite normal for that to happen. When is your 2nd session scheduled? Are you having temporary or permanent?
My 2nd session is this coming Thursday and it’s supposed to be permanent but I’m just concerned with how much it’s faded in the space of 10 days.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Have you got some pictures showing it the day after and now?
@Prohairclinic may be able to explain this better as they are very good at SMP

F

Frankie_Fryer

First pic was the day after my first session and 2nd pic was yesterday @Bigmac

Attachments

• 5BD1CBFE-3826-42DC-B812-97900C1B30C7.jpeg
    5BD1CBFE-3826-42DC-B812-97900C1B30C7.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 249
  • A137AD71-CE98-487B-80ED-32AF1259A8F4.jpeg
    A137AD71-CE98-487B-80ED-32AF1259A8F4.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Fading is not what is happening after the first session.
When you have SMP, scabs are formed over the dots. As the scabs fall off they do have some of the pigment in them which results in a lighter dot than when it was first done. Your next sessions will add density and more colour to the existing dots.
Where did you have your SMP?

F

Frankie_Fryer

Fading is not what is happening after the first session.
When you have SMP, scabs are formed over the dots. As the scabs fall off they do have some of the pigment in them which results in a lighter dot than when it was first done. Your next sessions will add density and more colour to the existing dots.
Where did you have your SMP?

Ok thanks, that makes sense. So I take it they will use a darker pigment for the 2nd and 3rd sessions?

I had it done in Scotland. I did lots of research and the place I chose seemed to be the best.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I know, the ink will be the same. They may go with a slighter darker shade though if they feel the first one was too light.
If you could ask them about it and let us know what they say.

F

Frankie_Fryer

As far as I know, the ink will be the same. They may go with a slighter darker shade though if they feel the first one was too light.
If you could ask them about it and let us know what they say.
I will do. Thanks

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
They usually use the same shade I believe as well...or at least the did for my mate....people say session 2 is the magic session where it starts to look much better, but from the treatments I've seen in person ( I have a few friends with it)and from what I've read the majority of people don't look good until the 3rd or 4th session. No need to panic after 1 session dude it's normal and only the base coat so to speak....you will look entirely different come session 3.....also Bigmac is right when the scabs come of you will be very disappointed as most of the colour goes too but it gets better each session so it's all part of the process, no need to worry.

L

lonj

I've had 2 SMP sessions now and ALL OF IT has FADED. I'm so lost and have no idea what to do. On the 3rd session, my practitioner said that my scalp is too 'gummy'. Something she has 'never seen before'. Apparently my scalp is 'pushing out the ink'. After talking about my general lifestyle, she believes it's either because of my usage of Saw Palmetto based oils and shampoos, or because my consumption of green tea (3 cups a day minimum). Would love to get some insight if anyone has ANYTHING, so lost right now. The attached picture is after 2 SMP sessions and a 3rd which she only did a 1cm hairline, refused to proceed cos my scalp was pushing the ink out.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-14 at 2.49.40 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-14 at 2.49.40 PM.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 199