• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Platelet Rich Plasma Hair Transplant Graft Survival

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
What do you guys think of platelet Rich plasma.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/EFZE9Vhoj8Q&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Last edited:
Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Exciting development, maybe a viable alternative to the meds with no sides, interesting that I believe Dr Feller is experimenting with PRP on patients in the summer, and I await the results/conclusions from his empirical studies before getting too excited. PRP is getting a little over hyped already on some forums. Interesting and welcomed development though.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve read a little on this subject and it seems that it has proven effective in other treatments.

Hopefully it will work just as well in the HT field.

Theres a Dr Greco who has been doing studies on this also.

bm.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

I read a little about this from Feller too...I'm always leery of these "new promising medicines" they have. Don't know, I'm @ 20 seconds in this vid and this guy is making me pass out...
Edit--I can't watch this guy...I tried but I can't, so boring. I'm all for new developments but I'm highly skeptical. They've been talking about new developments for a while, 10+ years and billions of dollars later----nada. .

BTW does anyone know why they can clone an ENTIRE FU$KING SHEEP (hair included) but not one single, itzy bitzy god damn hair?!?!??! WTF?...clone me, take the hair, then dispose of the body...or better yet, keep some of his 'members' in case I need a spare.

Last edited:
Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I read this post from another location and thought it may be of interest to some of you!

I am proud to announce that we performed New Yorks first PRP treatment in Great Neck today.

The patient had visited us twice for HT surgery consultations but was turned down on both occassions. When he asked if there was anything new available to patients in his situation, we told him about PRP and he decided to give it a try.

His entire procedure took about 25 minutes. We drew some blood from his arm and then processed it to obtain concentrated plateles. Then I numbed his scalp with a local anesthetic and injected the PRP into the dermis where the follicles live. Then I used a tiny needle and made 200 punctures in the skin to activate the platelets. I let him sit for 5 minutes during which his skin healed, washed his scalp with some clean water, and sent him home. That was it. Very undramatic. I will post photos when I get the chance.

Dr. Feller
Great Neck, NY

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting,i hope it works for the guy.

I`ve also read on the IAHRS website that Dr Jerry Cooley is looking into this.

I copied this article from there,hope you dont mind Spencer.:)

Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP is blood plasma that has been concentrated to have about 5x the number of platelets found in circulating blood. These concentrated platelets found in PRP contain tremendous amounts of bioactive proteins, which include the growth factors PDGF and VEGF. These growth factors have been shown to initiate accelerated tissue repair, and, according to experts, have also been shown to have positive effects on hair growth.

Still in its experimental stages, PRP therapy for hair loss involves the injection of Platelet Rich Plasma, taken from the patient €™s own blood, directly into the balding areas of the scalp. The results of these experiments appear to be the reversal of the miniaturization process in the areas where the PRP was applied. There is also some evidence pointing to accelerated growth of follicular unit grafts when bathed in a PRP solution before implantation during a hair transplant procedure.

IAHRS member Dr. Jerry Cooley discusses his experience with PRP therapy and provides information on who might make a good candidate for this cutting edge experimental

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Couple of good videos to watch.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/giXjUabE6io&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/Azc1EY3Ad-Q&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]