• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Pluggie hair line?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I’ve seen 2 hair lines recently that look very pluggie, as in you can see where the graphs have been placed. How is this avoided? A denser graph count??

Attachments

• AD7CBE5C-AEC1-4D32-B54F-F0554E87984C.jpeg
    AD7CBE5C-AEC1-4D32-B54F-F0554E87984C.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 158
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
A doctor who knows how to do a hair transplant. Planting in rows, too spaced out, multi hair grafts, coarse hairs. Many things will make it look unnatural.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Creating a natural hairline is important. Anyone who looks at your hair usually looks at the hairline first. Bullitnut has pointed out some of the reasons, another is doctor inexperience/lack of artistic skill.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
From the picture I included you can see where the hair has been implanted. I want to avoid this happening when I have my HT next month. The picture looks like the hair was transplanted very sparse maybe because the person only had a limited budget

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The picture is not the best quality but you can see what looks like rows and gaps. Was this a final result or midway through? If grafts are planted too deep it can cause pitting, another common mistake by inexperienced people performing surgery.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
The picture is not the best quality but you can see the rows and gaps. Was this a final result or midway through? If grafts are planted too deep it can cause pitting, another common mistake by inexperienced people performing surgery.
This was the final result. I’ve spoke to the clinic that performed it and was told the patient went against the doctors advice plus he wanted most of his graphs placed in his crown and the front was last on the agenda. Only 500 graphs were put in the front region.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a link to this patients pictures? Was his frontal loss minimal etc?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Do you have a link to this patients pictures? Was his frontal loss minimal etc?
I only managed to screen shot the one picture. He had a horse shoe type hair pattern. Here is the picture I screen shot

Attachments

• 3B312E6D-E842-4658-BACF-B7EADB17DD33.png
    3B312E6D-E842-4658-BACF-B7EADB17DD33.png
    516.4 KB · Views: 149
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If he was bald there, then it`s not a bad result, might need some refining.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I was thinking more graphs would have helped this

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
As you say, the patient requested this and is probably happy. Some people will have wanted a fuller denser hairline rather than a mature receding one. He may want to preserve his donor, who knows without the patient's input.
If he sees it as an issue, a small touch up would suffice.
You have to look at the bigger picture. Is the clinic producing lots of hairlines that you consider would not make you happy? Or, is this a single example out of many you have picked out?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Every clinic has a few results they or the patient won't be happy with. Most will just do a touch up. Aftercare for patients is just as important as the surgery itself, clinics should take care of their patients.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Every clinic has a few results they or the patient won't be happy with. Most will just do a touch up. Aftercare for patients is just as important as the surgery itself, clinics should take care of their patients.
Totally agree with this!!!

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Do the front rows of hairs thicken up slightly over the time of the HT Between 6-12 months