• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Proscar and Dosage

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi all..

Having been taking Proscar for over a year.... no side effects apart from more hair on the crown and mid :)

My question is this..

I cut the tablet in 5 equal parts... then take one everyday..

Do I need to do this or would I get the same results just taking one part Monday to Friday ?

Timberlake

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Timmy,

I'm not sure of your question.

Are you saying you take 1/5 tab everyday currently and want to know if you'd get the same effect taking 1/5 tab 5 out of 7 days a week?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Yeah must agree the question sounded a little odd lol, i take half a 5mg tab every other day bud

timuk

timuk

Who is saying I am a little odd !!

Here we go again...

I cut my tablets into 5 equal pieces... then I take one of those 5 equal pieces every day...

Therefore... every 5th day I start on a new tablet..

ie... Monday morning... I get up.. cut a Proscar tablet into 5 equal pieces... and take one of the 5 on Monday, one on Tuesday, one on Wednesday, etc etc etc..

What I was asking is that is there any benefit taking one fifth of a tablet everyday... (ie, 7 days a week) or should I take Monday to Friday ??

If thats not clear enough I will provide drawings next time

;;D

bullitnut

bullitnut

Cant see it making a difference it takes more than two days to get out of your system .
But if wake up bald on sunday dont come looking for me

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Lol Tim

You should take one fifth every day.

7 days a week.

lost_youth

lost_youth

Valued member
janna wrote:
I would like a drawing please.
::}{:

When I got my perscription the doc said you can either take 1/2 a tab, twice a week, or 1/5 every day.

I take 1/4 daily at the moment - how the hell do you manage to cut it into fifths? - I'd like to see a drawing of that!

Last edited:
B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Is there an advantage in taking 1/2 a tablet every 2 days? I have heard people doing this but I wonder whether it is beneficial to take 2.5mg every other day rather than 1mg per day.

bullitnut

bullitnut

i doubt there is an advantage mate i only do this as its easier to cut them in half lol

bullitnut

bullitnut

its hard work cutting proscar i need to lie down after cutting one)(_::

W

weefy

Valued member
Hi Guys

weefy ( lurking again )

well Im on the proscar. I see some of you guys have been on it for some time. For those that have had any hair grow back, over what time period would you say it became noticeable to you ? Is there anyone that hasn't had any grow back , but the effects were just stopp the shedding of your hair.

Iam just really frustrated as I would love to committ to going to smg for a ht after all my research, problem is the credit crunch which is unfortunalty making my job a little un safe so I dare not committ yet.

Also , what daily shampoo does anyone recommend ? I saw an advert in the paper yesterday for something I think called " caffeine "! ?.Whilst it is currently out of my hands being able to committ to smg I am looking at everything " medication " that can give me hair a fighting chance

Keep up the good work guys, excellent site

weef

timuk

timuk

Hi Weefy.....

I have been on Proscar for over a year now and I have definitely benefited from it... My crown and mid have thickened noticeably...

I think I started to see positive effects around the 9 month mark... but I think that people can see improvements up to 2 years...

There is a thread showing some examples.... I have some pics on it..

http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=101&forum_id=6

As for shampoo.... I use all different types.. cant say that I found one that I thought was "best"... but some guys on here have their favourites.... maybe they will add to this thread..

All the best

Tim

Last edited:
Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
You should give the meds 12months anyways to see how you get on, so there isn't really a need to commit yet, and the economy might pick up a bit by then. I've read that advert in the paper "caffeine doping" or some shite, waste of money, I never believe anything in the papers unless its the daily sport, its all true in there you know!:T:

Last edited:
B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Yep, keep going for 12 months and by then you will have a small c8ck, no sex drive but lots of hair.

No, only joking- you need to give it 12 months before making an evaluation- try taking a before photo and then another at 12 months.

In terms of results, I suppose it is hard to evaluate how much you would've lost had you not been on fin. I think it has definitely helped me in terms of maintaining but the front still receded slowly. I have been on it for 6 years.

I have tried different shampoos over the years and now use those 'thickening' type ones which seem to be OK. Before my HT I used Nizoral to control my psoriasis (most use it as it appears to help with DHT in some way) but haven't used it for 6 weeks- I spoke to my hairdresser who said that it was pretty harsh stuff, so I am considering leaving it out, depending on how my psoriasis goes.

Put money aside each month and save for you HT- it seems like it takes forever but am am glad I did this rather than get a loan

Gook luck!

Cheers

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good advice BW about putting money away for your HT as i would not like to get into debt and start worrying about it.