• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Recommended Clinics for HT?

K

k-dog

I wanted to know out of these two clinics, Harley Street Hair clinic London and the Maitland Hair Clinic in Portsmouth which one was the best one in peoples opinion? Thanks

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Consult with both, speak to patients if possible and check out their online results. The Maitland Clinic is Dr Ball only, Harley Street has a few doctors so you need to know which doctor you`re considering.

K

k-dog

Consult with both, speak to patients if possible and check out their online results. The Maitland Clinic is Dr Ball only, Harley Street has a few doctors so you need to know which doctor you`re considering.
Thanks for the reply. I had a consultation with the Harley Street Medical patient advisor and he did not mention any of the Dr's names and gave me a detailed report via email on what they would do to When you don't see the actual Dr's at these practices it does make you wonder what the patient advisor knows that the Dr does or doesn't know about your possible procedure as he has not seen you initially. Is this standard practice in most clinics? Have looked into the Maitland clinic and you can have a consultation with either the patient advisor or both advisor and Dr Ball. I have not booked a consultation yet as still doing research. I think i would feel much more confident having the actual Dr look at my hair and not just an advisor.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
No brainer for me I would wholeheartedly say that the Maitland clinic are the one I would choose out of the two.....im not saying the Harley Street clinic are sub par or anything but for me Maitland are producing world class results so it's got to be them out of the two.
On a side note David at the Maitland clinic really knows his stuff and is an excellent advisor....I think being a past repair patient and a veteran of the transplant industry and having had multiple surgeries himself have helped him gain so much knowledge regarding the available treatments.

I appreciate why you would want to speak with the Dr himself and dont blame you... but I personally would trust both of their opinions.

K

k-dog

No brainer for me I would wholeheartedly say that the Maitland clinic are the one I would choose out of the two.....im not saying the Harley Street clinic are sub par or anything but for me Maitland are producing world class results so it's got to be them out of the two.
On a side note David at the Maitland clinic really knows his stuff and is an excellent advisor....I think being a past repair patient and a veteran of the transplant industry and having had multiple surgeries himself have helped him gain so much knowledge regarding the available treatments.

I appreciate why you would want to speak with the Dr himself and dont blame you... but I personally would trust both of their opinions.

K

k-dog

Much appreciated on the info regarding the two clinics, i am now leading towards the Maitland clinic but still need to book a consultation. Your advice on whether i should see the Dr or patient advisor are really helpful, and along with a recommendation from someone on a live chat section on the Bald Truth Youtube program regarding the Maitland clinic being a very good one to visit has given me more encouragement to book. (y)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of patient advisors are very knowledgeable and want what's best for the patient, some are simply salespeople who only see a paycheque. It is hard to consult with a doctor directly (skype, Whatsapp, etc are available) if you`re going overseas but staying in your own country should not be an issue. Doctors should always consult with you prior to surgery, be that on the day of surgery which is usually the case if traveling.
If in doubt, consult with doctors from both clinics before proceeding.

K

k-dog

A lot of patient advisors are very knowledgeable and want what's best for the patient, some are simply salespeople who only see a paycheque. It is hard to consult with a doctor directly (skype, Whatsapp, etc are available) if you`re going overseas but staying in your own country should not be an issue. Doctors should always consult with you prior to surgery, be that on the day of surgery which is usually the case if traveling.
If in doubt, consult with doctors from both clinics before proceeding.
Thanks for making me aware of the role and possible knowledge that the patient advisors have in giving out advice. Its reassuring to hear that as i have always just thought its best just to see the Dr's.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
You won't go wrong with the Maitland clinic dude....for what it's worth there's only a handful of clinics i would go to these days after being badly butchered in the past and the Maitland is one of them.... their work is incredible and the doctor is very ethical which is what i like. Good luck with whoever you decide to go with and please share your experience with us when you pull the trigger pal

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Whoever you choose, make sure you see the doctor before surgery. Make a list of questions of anything you`re not sure about. Only go ahead with the surgery if you are fully confident you have made the right decision.

R

Risingforehead

Whoever you choose, make sure you see the doctor before surgery..

Do some people have surgery without actually meeting their doctor before hand then Bigmac? That sounds appalling and really worry some i didn't realize this happened.

AdeUK

AdeUK

I couldn’t agree more....

Ade

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Do some people have surgery without actually meeting their doctor before hand then Bigmac? That sounds appalling and really worry some i didn't realize this happened.

Yes, they do. There are clinics if you can call them that where there is no doctor present in the building or you have cosmetic surgeons, dentists etc offering hair transplants. They hire a team of techs to do the surgery and sit back taking your cash.

K

k-dog

K-dog when do you plan on having your surgery?
Not sure yet as i still have not booked my consultation yet at the Maitland. I have had an FUT procedure at another clinc in 2011 which in my opinion was not that good and the results were disappointing. Hope to get some sound advice from the Maitland clinic. Thanks

AdeUK

AdeUK

I’ve also decided to get my surgery done with Dr Ball at the Maitland Clinic. I’m booked in for end of Jan 2020: I will update everyone here.

Ade

I wanted to know out of these two clinics, Harley Street Hair clinic London and the Maitland Hair Clinic in Portsmouth which one was the best one in peoples opinion? Thanks
Not sure yet as i still have not booked my consultation yet at the Maitland. I have had an FUT procedure at another clinc in 2011 which in my opinion was not that good and the results were disappointing. Hope to get some sound advice from the Maitland clinic. Thanks

K

k-dog

Hi AdeUK , What procedure are you having done if you don't mind me asking?