• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Recommended Docs in HK/Thailand

S

slight recession..

Hi,
Anybody have any views/experiences on HT clinics and specific doctors (either positive or negative) in either HK or Thailand?

Thanks

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry i dont have any views on the docs in those places,the closest doctor represented on here to your location is Dr Arvind in India.

Have a look at his posted results and see what you think.

Hope that helps.

J

JJ09

slight recession

I read your skiing post prior to this one and assumed you had an appointment booked for a procedure, could you enlighten us as to whether this is the case or not?

Regarding the question you have asked in this post, I get the impression you may be rushing into something without doing proper research. ))N_):)

S

slight recession..

no doctor finalized yet, but i know some ppl who have been to a guy in HK and are very satisfied with his results. lets face it, asia is the center ive thought a great deal about doing this, but you are right i have not done extensive research. it seems that the actual procedure is becoming quite common place though, and it really isnt rocket science, so i think going to a reputable center is good enough, no need to track down the van gogh of HT.

since i only need 1200-1500, i thought FUE would be preferable. none of the doctors i've heard do that thou, one said that 80% of procedures are still done with strip. does that sound right? what is an 'acceptable' scar width if strip is done? also, for a class 2 hairline loss and strip procedure, is it advisable to shave the entire head after the procedure?

ill post some pics later

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
))N_):)))N_):)))N_):) Yikes--"common place", "not rocket science","No need for Van goh." Very glad you found this forum.

Please please please do lots of research. Yes you are correct that you are likely safe if you go to a reputable clinic but my fear is what you define as reputable. There are likely only about a dozen or so docs worldwide that I would let touch my head. It does not matter that the size of the session is small. If it is bad--it will stand out horribly. If nothing grows--you have wasted a lot of cash.

Trust me-it really does matter about the physician and his/her techs. Don't make a mistake that could destroy the rest of your life. This is very serious stuff. Honest.

NN

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
wow slight recession, you make it sound like your just nipping out for a take away, when you talk about going for a HT, have a look at some of the repair patients before you go out,take at least 6 months research time before you decide who to go with '''h;h;;h NCB

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Take it from one who knows dude, picking the wrong doc can be life changing in a negative way. Browse the forums there are 100s of people seeking repairs through poor choices. As NN said there are only a dozen or so World Class clinics out there so good solid research is crucial. As for asia being the centre.....ive only heard of a few docs over there! Good luck bro youve come to the right place to start researching

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
slight recession.. wrote:
no doctor finalized yet, but i know some ppl who have been to a guy in HK and are very satisfied with his results.
Have you met these patients in person so you can see what their results look like in person.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Ive read Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich Pathammovic is a credible doc producing good results in thailand?????

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Any pictures and did you decide on anything.