• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Redness in donor area 3 months later

S

SfHarrier

Could someone tell me how long the donor area stays red and inflamed after a hair transplant with the fue method? I don`t think it should be red for this long and the other thing is when will the hair look even again?

janna

janna

Valuable Member
The redness is the most red for the first 14 days. Depending on type of skin, the redness can linger for months. The more fair skin you have the longer the redness sticks around. 3 months isn’t out of ordinary but it would be good to see just how red it is now.

S

SfHarrier

That`s reassuring to know it can linger for months. Are there any products that help? I have been washing my hair with Nizoral twice a week and baby shampoo on other days. I`m thinking the inflammation is where I scratch but can`t be 100% sure. My hair is around 2 inches long now making it difficult to catch the redness with my phone but I can see it looking in the mirror. I am very fair skinned which could be why It`s noticeable more.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Do you have a mild shampoo you can use for couple weeks rather than using nizoral and baby shampoo? Itching the donor area will definitely prolong the redness and inflammation. How often do you shampoo your hair a week? It’s best to tackle the cause of the itching right away.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Redness can linger for a long. If it becomes sore for extended periods of time you may want to have it checked just in case theres a mild infection, doubtful though at this stage.
If you just want something simple that is kind to the scalp you could try head and shoulders for sensitive scalp. There are many other shampoos such as viviscal, Nioxin and Regenpure that leave the scalp and hair feeling good.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Would any mild shampoo work?
Pretty much. But I would use a shampoo you’ve used in the past that you weren’t sensitive to. Also, continue using nizoral once a week as it’s supposed to help with itchiness. If the itchiness persists after couple weeks then maybe see a dermatologist. Have you been in contact with your HT clinic?

S

SfHarrier

I have used Head & Shoulders in the past with no issues so I`ll try that one first to see if it makes any difference. My clinic said not to worry, it`s all part of the healing process.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Some do experience redness around the 6 month time period... It sounds like it doesn`t cause you any issues but it might be worth having it looked at if it doesn`t go away.

Y

YME

If possible could you try Rosemary oil and report back if it helped?

S

SfHarrier

Some do experience redness around the 6 month time period... It sounds like it doesn`t cause you any issues but it might be worth having it looked at if it doesn`t go away.

I hope mine does not last that long.

S

SfHarrier

I`m back to using H&S sensitive. Too early to see any improvement with the redness but I can report my hair looks and feels better.