• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Repair/Topup Clinics

A

ADVICENEEDED01

Good Day,

I wonder if there is anyone who can help direct me to any reputable clinics who do repair work to previous hair transplants or top ups?

Tx

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Details of your surgery and pictures would be helpful in assessing what is required.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Feriduni hair clinic have some brilliant repair patients that posted their story. A top would suggest just adding more to a thinner part but repair usually is sorting out a bad job.

S

smokeybacon

I agree with Kevboy about the wording, a top up sounds like a very kind way to really say a repair. Without wishing to offend clinics that prefer to say top ups. There are many good clinics that do repair work that have posted examples here. I have seen some very good hairline repairs if that is the problem. I would try and talk to a few as the approach may differ, good luck with your search.

A

ADVICENEEDED01

Thanks for the input. Is there anything UK based. Travel is not exactly a great option right now.

S

smokeybacon

Thanks for the input. Is there anything UK based. Travel is not exactly a great option right now.
I just saw nice crown work by Farjo on here, also Dr Ball seems very consistent. I wouldn´t run into anything and try and have a chat and then meet up. Before making any decision. It helps to get a few opinions to digest.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
There is the obvious where patients have multi grafts, wrong angles, bad design etc that require repair work. Then there is poor yield which could fall into the category of a top up (a few hundred grafts) because there are some sparser areas or another surgery because the yield is way below. If the yield is way below, any underlying conditions should be ruled out. If there is no issues, then another surgery should rectify this.
There are some occurrences when a transplant will fail/yield poor growth for unknown reasons. This is referred to as the X factor in the industry. I don't know the percentage for this but at a guess I would say 1% or less going by online documented cases.

If you're uncomfortable posting your pictures, you could send them to other clinics for an assessment and report back what has been advised.

A

ADVICENEEDED01

Thanks everyone so I have had a procedure done abroad and I have some redness present. The grafts seem to be down on density and it looks like my only option is leave it or get work done to fix it.

Which clinics are Dr Ball and Dr Farjo and the best place to contact them? Any other help is most welcome.

S

smokeybacon

Thanks everyone so I have had a procedure done abroad and I have some redness present. The grafts seem to be down on density and it looks like my only option is leave it or get work done to fix it.

Which clinics are Dr Ball and Dr Farjo and the best place to contact them? Any other help is most welcome.

You still have some redness, how many months after are you now?

S

smokeybacon

Impossible to say either way here. I would say go to a dermatologist and get a professional opinion and maybe treatment. You did not say if your donor is ok, so the skin didn´t react badly and if it is isolated to the area grafted it is maybe a problem with how the grafts were handled, maybe, just a thought process.