• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Sapphire FUE Hair Transplant with Fhsaesthetic March-21

J

Jimbo

When you are happy it is nice to hear, and everybody is glad for you.

However, Sapphire blades wounding is equal and probably even greater than when using blades.
Thanks for sharing in my happiness.

Regarding the equal or greater wounding caused by Sapphire, as I said, this is my 2nd HT and my experience is the opposite of your claim. I had far less wounding with the Sapphire blade.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
But what are you comparing it to? What was used in your first surgery?

J

Jimbo

I don't know. The surgeon didn't tell me and I didn't think to ask. All I know is that the Sapphire method gave me less wounding. The blade used in my first HT created larger scabs that crossed a number of incisions. The Sapphire method is giving me small granular like scabs that are starting to fall off with a very light touch now 5 days on. Can you think of what the blade used on my first HT could have been? (Assuming wasn't a butcher's knife)

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Sorry, but you just stated you don't know what was used during your first surgery, and you did not ask the dr.
But now you state that a blade was used in the first surgery. So now we know it was a blade and not a needle. But blades do come in varied sizes and that could surely impact the amount of trauma.

You state that there were crossed incisions. That is evidence of a lack of experience. It has nothing to do with the tool used.

Again, nobody is defaming a Saphire 'blade'.

There is just no evidence for most of the claims that often are associated with clinic that use Saphire tools.
IMHO it is a marketing gimmick, nothing else.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing in my happiness.

Regarding the equal or greater wounding caused by Sapphire, as I said, this is my 2nd HT and my experience is the opposite of your claim. I had far less wounding with the Sapphire blade.

Jimbo, it would be great if you created your own thread to document your hair transplant.

J

Jimbo

Sorry, but you just stated you don't know what was used during your first surgery, and you did not ask the dr.
But now you state that a blade was used in the first surgery. So now we know it was a blade and not a needle. But blades do come in varied sizes and that could surely impact the amount of trauma.

You state that there were crossed incisions. That is evidence of a lack of experience. It has nothing to do with the tool used.

Again, nobody is defaming a Saphire 'blade'.

There is just no evidence for most of the claims that often are associated with clinic that use Saphire tools.
IMHO it is a marketing gimmick, nothing else.
It could well have been a needle he used. Referring to a blade in my last post was not well expressed, it was something sharp. But I cannot see in this thread exactly what a Sapphire blade is being compared to and I don’t have a dog in this fight. That’s why I asked, if the Sapphire blade is not superior, what could have given me worse wounding than a Sapphire?” I don’t think it was surgeon inexperience as I saw Dr Thomas Mantse of Prohair Clinic in Hungary who has been transplanting for 25+ years. I wasn’t happy with the experience or results but I personally think it’s because he works alone and uses inferior tools which slow him down and leave the hair grafts out of the body for too long. In my HT with him the implantation process was a long ordeal. He was making the holes then inserting the grafts little by little. I could feel him pushing down on my head and despite the anaesthesia I still felt a dull pain. In the 2nd HT, which I did in Turkey this weekend gone, the surgeon first spent about maybe 30-45 minutes making the holes with the Sapphire blade which was fast and painless. Then a couple of technicians spent the next 2-3 hours implanting. This was also relatively fast and painless. The 2nd HT did a 3000 graft procedure in about 6 hours. Mantse did 1600 grafts over 2 hellish days (10 hours the first day and 8 hours the 2nd).

A lot of the arguments made on this thread are over semantics and apparent misleading advertising. But from all descriptions it’s clear that the “Sapphire technique” IS FUE, because follicular unit extractions are being done in the donor area so I don’t know why so much is being disputed over that. That just seems like a strawman attack. The issue as far as I’m concerned is: Is the Sapphire blade a good option? Dismissing it a purely a marketing gimmick seems too strong if it has its merits and if someone’s not being ripped-off for it. But neither have I seen anyone lauding it as the holy grail of hair transplant techniques and if some of its claims are that the incision process is done quickly and less painfully, and that wounding and healing is improved then I can testify to both of those. Compared to what though? If there are other custom blades that could have made my experience even better then fair enough, but this thread seems to be confusing the issue quite a lot. I’m not a Sapphire method advocate but I don’t see how it deserves the pejorative labels it has received either.

J

Jimbo

Jimbo, it would be great if you created your own thread to document your hair transplant.
Hi Bigmac, yeah I haven't yet created my own thread. I have however related my experience with Dr Mantse in another thread made by someone else who had a bad experience with him. I seem to be responding to other threads and relating my experience without creating my own thread for it. I'll try to get round to it one day but the story just got longer as I just had my 2nd HT last weekend. So I'll have to wait a while then I'll probably release the Ben Hur of HT stories.