• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Scar Repair with Beard Hair Dr Bisanga

E

ejj

I finally started my repair procedure with Dr Bisanga last Monday . Dr Bisanga grafted 1032 beard hairs into my strip scars using a .8 mm manual punch , 3 days later the healing is incredible , the extractions are hardly visible , Dr Bisanga has given me hope that I can be repaired and im extremely grateful to the Dr and his techs who really looked after me on the day , now just the long wait for growth !

Thanks to all at bhr ,

ejj

Attachments

• pre op 1.JPG
    pre op 1.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 4,470
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
That is a very wide scar but it looks like you have plenty of beard donor. It's nice to hear that you had a great experience I know how it feels.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Looks quality to me m8, well done for taking the first step towards getting repaired finally!

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Ejj

Thank for posting your pics and experience so far. Will pass on your wishes to all or sure.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That is some size scar, what caused it to be that big.

I`m pleased you`ve healed well after surgery and i hope all the grafts take to conceal that ugly scar.

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Take care.

bm.

E

ejj

Many Thanks for the comments , the biggest scar was from NHI Greece M Mendelsohn enough said really ! the Dr there took a strip either side so I suppose one side had to stretch to compensate for the other hence the scar !

regards

ejj

E

ejj

attached photograph is of the beard extraction area at exactly one week post op , the healing has been incredible

clippered the beard hair down a little to provide a better view , no wet shave for the next couple of weeks though as per BHR post op instructions

regards

ejj

Attachments

• beard at 1 wk.jpg
    beard at 1 wk.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 6,516
Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Above the jawline and no scarring already! I forgot you also went to Mendelsohn, I went there but didn't go through the surgery as I didn't trust him, or his maniac American partner Jeff.

R

royroy

Valued member
That is incredible, I am at 6 months and I still have a long way to go to get my face healed up, I can't tell you how jealous I am that you healed up in 3 days! Anyhow your recipient area looks great, I think you will be really happy with the density of hair you get in that scar. I had 800 plus put in the scars on my left side & left back. Mine was more like 3 or 4 parallel strip scars instead of one large one like yours but still similar in many regards. I am getting some good growth density in that scar area. I know how bad it feels to have scars like that, it really can make you self consious, etc,..... It feels so good to get some growth in there and know you dont have to think about that stuff anymore, wish you well.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
EJJ, I know it may be tempting to shave earlier then you should but wait as long a possible and give the skin a chance to fully heal.

E

ejj

Thanks for the comments , Topcat im still unshaven going leave it at least a month . You cant see any extraction sites now at day 11 ! healing is amazing with fue !

thanks for your well wishes roy roy , i hope you get were you want to be re healing as i said im still unshaven ,just clippering it every now and then ,and plenty aloe vera ! your right re scars , fed up with hiding scars and worrying about the wind blowing its a nightmare ! , im glad your happy with your growth and density

all the best

ejj

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your donor area looks good, i`m pleased you`re on the road to recovery with Dr Bisanga.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I agree the donor looks fantastic dude!! Glad your getting things sorted as that scar was horrible

E

ejj

just a quick update , extraction area healed really well no marks at all , a few hairs starting to pop through will get some pictures up soon

cheers

ejj

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thats good to hear there are no signs of scarring, i`ll look forward to seeing your pictures.

Cheers Bm.

M

musclehair

Thanks for your post!
It ´s great that donnor area is fine, more and more cases we see where there is almost no signs of surgeries on those beards.
And now the second half, the receptor area: Its been almost five months since you were in Dr Bisanga ´s hands. Would you be able to estimate the growth percentage??. I know you are still in the middle of the way to get you final result but, what are your impressions about the growth of those transplanted beard hairs?, are you happy so far?.
Do you notice any differences regarding yield at four months and a half comparing with standard donnor head hair?
It is very much apreciated cases like yours because are opening a new door: the unique chance for people with high degree of baldness who never before could dream about the possibility of recovering their lost hairs.
Thanks a million again and all the best in your fight!!