• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Shock hair loss?

M

Mbrown29

Hi, I recently had a hair transplant
30 days ago in turkey for 4600 grafts, I have concerns about the donor areas on each side of my head.
The clinic said that it is just shock and will grow back but I am still concerned.

can anybody help?

A3A8922F-09B0-40FF-9DAA-3656898A6E10.jpeg
C32A4FF4-F6EA-4343-8666-023654B004C7.png
C32A4FF4-F6EA-4343-8666-023654B004C7.png

B

Bandit

No expert by any means but i would hazard a guess they are right with it being such a large area of loss. From what i can gather it does come back in most cases.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

Hello @Mbrown29 .
Sorry to see your shockloss. As hard as it is patience is needed for it to grow back, which it will, as its temporary.
Keep talking to your clinic, consider buzzing the rest of your hair in your doner.
Paddy

T

Todd

Did they take the grafts from high up on the side of your head or has your shock loss area increased beyond the Fue donor site? I agree with the others, buzz your hair to help disguise it. Did the clinic say how long it will take for your hair to grow back?

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Shock loss can extend past the donor site as it is due to injections administered, (Epinephrine, Lidocaine) and the resultant blood constriction there is to the area. You may have had a very long day and a lot of injections! If I were you I would start to apply Minoxidil to encourage a speedily regrowth and of course, seek the medical attention from the clinic whom you trusted for the work as they should be well able to advise you. It should grow back of itself but adding Minoxidil should help also among other things.

All the best.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
I can see why you're concerned as it doesn't look good currently, but it's likely to only be temporary and I'd expect it to recover well over the coming months. Agree with the comments suggesting you buzz your remaining hair to make things less noticeable for now. All the best with it.

B

beautifulquickly

You can try home remedies for hairfall and regrowth

B

Bald Beard

What the heck happened to you? Will that hair grow back? I'm definitely not risking scalp hair for a beard transplant if this can happen.

sl

sl

This is more "atypical" than typical to be honest and probably more from certain clinics. This is not a "run of the mill" reaction to surgery by any means so should not be seen as that because this case is an extreme example of shock loss. Be careful in your research of course, but I would not expect this for the most part and hope mbrown29 is seeing improvement.

B

Bald Beard

@sl I was shocked seeing this, it sent a panic streak through my mind. I probably had some of my own hair fall out with the shock.
I’d like to hear how the OP is doing.

sl

sl

Yes totally agree, I'd like to see an update also. Hope he is recovering but it could take a bit of time.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Has there been any improvement over the past month?

T

Todd

Has anyone else suffered shock loss that was this bad? Can you imagine if it did not grow back or something like 50% was lost.

Dr Arvind

Dr Arvind

Valued member
Any pictures? What was the size of the punch and the size of the wounds. From pix they look 1mm or more. But would like confirmation from you.