• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

should i be applying something to my incision?

more

more

Valued member
i had mt HT about over a week ago so should i be applying something to my incision line to reduce the scare line?

vitamin E, Aloe Veraor or other some obtainment?

Last edited:
B

Bastion

Aloe Vera will help. What does your post operative instructions advise?

more

more

Valued member
there's no instructions for the incision line yet. i see the Dr. again when i get the stitches out in about one week

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Could you ask the doc for more pictures to post,also if you could ask him to take some of your donor closure after the sutures/stitches have been removed.

As for post op instructions,you should have been given them on the day of your procedure.

Thanks bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Bigmac wrote:
Could you ask the doc for more pictures to post,also if you could ask him to take some of your donor closure after the sutures/stitches have been removed.
This is a cool idea it would be great to see your donor closure straight after the sutures are removed....we dont get the opportunity to see these kind of pics very often;)

more

more

Valued member
when i apply vitamin E or any ointment around the incision area now i see lots of hair falling or stuck to my finger.
is this normal and is this shock loss temporary.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
need to see how good the closure is, but shockloss is normally temporary, I had a small amount of permanant shockloss, but its possible on my head they just damaged my hair with bad stitching.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
more wrote:
when i apply vitamin E or any ointment around the incision area now i see lots of hair falling or stuck to my finger.
is this normal and is this shock loss temporary.

It sounds to me as though its just your grafts naturally shedding.

How did the suture removal go and did you get any pictures taken.

Thanks bm.

more

more

Valued member
posted removed suture pics in original thread

http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=1213&forum_id=3&jump_to=11837#p11837