• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

skiing soon after HT

S

slight recession..

Greetings all,
I'm planning a HT (prob only 1200 grafts FUE for a slight receding hairline) in Feb just before a weeklong break from work.

My plan is to do the surgery on a Thursday morning. The entire following week is a holiday for Chinese New Year. I will then be back at work 11 days later. Here is the kicker thou, I'd REALLY like to get some skiing in that following week. Is that overly ambitious? Let me tell you first off that I am in EXCELLENT shape, 33 yrs old, an expert skier, and anticipate a quick recovery.

Will the cold be excessively bad for the recovery?
Will flying 3 days after operation be feasible?
Will wearing a ski hat and/or helmet be an issue?

Basically, while some like to recovery on a tropical beach doing nothing, I wonder if I can spend my recovery doing something I love.

Thanks in advance for your help,
-Sam

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I would not go skiing after my procedure just incase you bang your head hard.As for flying,that will be fine.

Have you had any consultations to say that 1200 fue grafts would suffice,maybe you could post some pictures of your hairline.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Because it is FUE it might be feasable but I agree with Bigmac that it is probably not the best idea.

NN

J

JJ09

It €™s important to minimize activity for at least 3 days post op to reduce the chance of swelling in the forehead and bruising around the eyes.

Activity after this period I believe would be fine, however I would not recommend any vigorous sport such as skiing, furthermore when wearing some kind of hat/helmet there is always movement and this may dislodge the precious grafts.

I believe that after 10 days the grafts will be safely secured. ;)

By the way are you having your procedure done in china, who €™s your Doctor?

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Out of interest has anyone on the forum recovered from H.T on a tropical beach?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
North Country Boy went to Australia,thats better than returning to the UK.

Tropical beach sounds good.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Certainly would be careful skiing.. You are spending both good time and money having the op so I would really suggest leaving the skiing for another day when you can really enjoy it and just focus on giving the best attention to your recovery. I sound a spoil sport but I think a risk analysis would give you the information to be cautious and ski another day.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Its not like you have to go skiing. Just do it another time, its not worth the risk.

H

hairtech

I am more worried about the helmet during skiing.
IMO no skiing for a while. :(