• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Slow growth in the crown after 12 months

H

hair-raiser

Valued member
Hi

I just wanted some feedback from people who have had crown transplants - just been over 12 months now since my procedure and I ve the impression that the crown is going pretty slowly

I've heard that the crown can be a lot slower than you'd like so I was wondering if people had had experience of this - do you get to see new growth later than 12 months?

All the best

h-r

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there.

My main transplanted areas have been the crown and it is slower than the rest of your head for some reason and you can experience more growth after 12 months.

One thing with crowns is that it uses up a lot of grafts and sometimes the change is hard to see if you constantly look at it.

If you have some before pictures and 12 month post op pictures to compare that would be great.

bm.

H

hair-raiser

Valued member
Hi

Apologies for the delay - been working flat out away for the past few months - will try and get some photos that are worth posting

Still things going slowly - hoping that I'm just a slow grower

All the best

h-r