• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

SMP in UK?

B

BobbyBoucher

Haha yes I know I watched that first then messaged him via the website..

Are you waiting to get it done with him then? It would be good to see the results
I was going to but timeframes were no good for me at that time. I was in and out of the country a lot.

R

reddwarf

Please could you post pictures or a quick video when you get it done BobbyBoucher.

B

BobbyBoucher

Just an update to this thread.
I am booked into Elixir SMP mid-August and have finally paid my deposit.

I did want to go with a transplant via Welfare Abroad ( i literally changed my mind 50 times in 6 months lol) but as I have underactive thyroid the regrowth success would be lower. I then spoke to Jay at Elixir SMP the same day to move forward with SMP.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Good luck with your SMP dude....please keep us updated buddy.

J

Jax

I hope you have seen 5-10 people in person who have had it done, and ideally ones who have it for 4-5 years at least.

On the persons instagram page you mentioned, the ones that look ok to me, are the ones where they have diffused thinning. Then they just fill in with SMP dots. The ones where they're slick bald, look like tattoos, and in quite a few cases very straight, obvious looking tattoos.

I think SMP is really, really difficult for white guys who are slick bald to pull off, 99 percent of people just don't look right.

It's a big decision. I hope you have thought it through. It's very difficult to get SMP tattoos off without leaving hyper/hypo-pigmentation whatever they tell you.

Good luck whatever decision you make.

P

Pete89

Hi,
I remember you pointing out the flaws on smp on another thread.
you said you’ve had it done and lived to regret it, do you mind sharing any photos of the result after a few years? As it’s difficult to find realistic results. The clinics all post fresh results and googling shows the worst of the worst.

bullitnut

bullitnut

I havent seen any work from your chosen clinic dude... but I have seen work from the practitioners who now work at Brandwood from over 5 years ago and imo they still look good. I know hes a provider but Damon Ashcrofts SMP for example looks incredible in person Ive seen it in all light settings and although its lighter than some peoples (as he doesnt get touch ups like some practitioners do) , it looks 100 percent realistic imo even up close and its over 10 yrs old....I agree you need to make sure your hairline isnt too straight and unnatural but realistic looking SMP is possible with good practitioners that stand the test of time....or at least I believe there is as I've seen some examples that impressed me anyway.

B

BobbyBoucher

I havent seen any work from your chosen clinic dude... but I have seen work from the practitioners who now work at Brandwood from over 5 years ago and imo they still look good. I know hes a provider but Damon Ashcrofts SMP for example looks incredible in person Ive seen it in all light settings and although its lighter than some peoples (as he doesnt get touch ups like some practitioners do) , it looks 100 percent realistic imo even up close and its over 10 yrs old....I agree you need to make sure your hairline isnt too straight and unnatural but realistic looking SMP is possible with good practitioners that stand the test of time....or at least I believe there is as I've seen some examples that impressed me anyway.

I understand Brandwood has a decent rep but i felt it wasn't for me. I will soon find out if it suits me after my first session. I don't have a full bald head. It was only ever my front hair that was the issue. I will come back and update after it's been done.
Thanks guys.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Yeah I get that dude and your entitled to go with who you feel most comfortable with pal...I was just trying to emphasise a point that not all SMP looks bad in 5 to 10 yrs as I've seen good work examples and was just using Brandwood as an example pal...I wish you all the best and cant wait to see your results bud.

B

BobbyBoucher

Yeah I get that dude and your entitled to go with who you feel most comfortable with pal...I was just trying to emphasise a point that not all SMP looks bad in 5 to 10 yrs as I've seen good work examples and was just using Brandwood as an example pal...I wish you all the best and cant wait to see your results bud.

Thanks for your input though. I almost went to Brandwood in Bristol as being in Cardiff it's much closer but just wasn't feeling it. Damon Ashcroft is the SMP tech there. I spoke to him via facebook chat etc

bullitnut

bullitnut

Fair enough pal, ultimately you need to go with who you feel is right. He is an incredible SMP artist though and a really nice guy I've met him before. Please keep us updated though as I love seeing Hair transplants and SMP results.

Best wishes BN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck with it Bobby. I`ll look forward to seeing your pictures if you choose to show them.

C

cizinec

Thanks for your input though. I almost went to Brandwood in Bristol as being in Cardiff it's much closer but just wasn't feeling it. Damon Ashcroft is the SMP tech there. I spoke to him via facebook chat etc

Any particular reason why you were not " feeling it " ?

B

BobbyBoucher

Any particular reason why you were not " feeling it " ?

I did not like some of the demo work to be honest. The style of the work and portfolio.
I appreciate SMP examples are their best work or maybe even enhanced but I just went with my gut.
If I did not use the current SMP then I'd have gone to a place up north that's well-reviewed called Creative Scalps.

bullitnut

bullitnut

I know Cizinec asked the question but still I gotta say your answer surprised me a little tbh as Damon's hairlines are amazing in my opinion and he won't do anything he believes won't look natural which is why I like the guy.... All the past work I've seen by him looks superb and totally natural.....but hey dude everyone is entitled to their opinion and I stand by what I said that you are best going to who you feel is right and I respect your opinion even if I think different dude.....really looking forward to seeing your progress and I truly hope you get an awesome result that changes your.life for the better pal....would be a strange old world if everyone thought the same buddy :)

B

BobbyBoucher

I know Cizinec asked the question but still I gotta say your answer surprised me a little tbh as Damon's hairlines are amazing in my opinion and he won't do anything he believes won't look natural which is why I like the guy.... All the past work I've seen by him looks superb and totally natural.....but hey dude everyone is entitled to their opinion and I stand by what I said that you are best going to who you feel is right and I respect your opinion even if I think different dude.....really looking forward to seeing your progress and I truly hope you get an awesome result that changes your.life for the better pal....would be a strange old world if everyone thought the same buddy :)

SMP is not regulated, so this means people have to trust their gut feeling.
Just because there are google reviews and people have the opinion one SMP artist is the benchmark, this does not mean this is a matter of fact.

Who is the best or gives the best results is totally subjective at this level as a consumer.
Youtube and google do not mean it's the gospel.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Like I said dude ultimately you need to go with your gut feeling pal....wasnt being clever mate and if it came across like that I apologise...just expressing my own opinion differs from yours on Damon thats all my friend. I wish you all the best with your procedure and look forward to seeing your results :)

B

BobbyBoucher

Like I said dude ultimately you need to go with your gut feeling pal....wasnt being clever mate and if it came across like that I apologise...just expressing my own opinion differs from yours on Damon thats all my friend. I wish you all the best with your procedure and look forward to seeing your results :)
No offense taken mate and i didn't think you were being clever at all. So all good.
Many thanks.

B

BobbyBoucher

Well sadly I have had to cancel my SMP for now as I've got some issues with my actual Scalp.
In preparation for the SMP in mid august I've been trimming my head down to 0,5 etc (1.0 at first).

This is not the first time I've ever shaved my head but my skin exploded with rashes and spots.
This is all over the back and sides of my head. This all happened in the last 10 days. I have used a scalp scrub and dermol (moisturiser) to calm it down but for now I will just own a shaved head and see how it goes.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 16.13.28.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 16.13.28.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 305