• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

THANKSGIVING WEEK Pro Bono Case (1331 grafts): Carlos K. Wesley, M.D. (NYC & LA)

billena

billena

Media Mgr Dr. Carlos K. Wesley
A 14-year-old boy underwent reconstructive ear surgery. Unfortunately, it left him with massive scarring alopecia throughout the right side of his scalp. This deformity left him very self conscious and often prevented him from taking part in water activities that would expose his unsightly scar.

As a proud physician/surgeon member of Little Baby Face Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to performing reconstructive surgery for children with facial birth deformities, Dr. Wesley and his staff performed a follicular unit transplantation (FUT) session at no cost to this young man`s family.

A total of 1331 grafts were used to fill in both the linear scar atop his head and the two large hairless regions surrounding his right ear. The boy`s hair follicles were incubated in platelet rich plasma (PRP) throughout the duration of the procedure.

The Little Baby Face Foundation helps cover transportation and housing costs for families in need. Participating physicians/surgeons donate their time and surgical facility to perform pro bono cases to children in need.

Happy Holidays!

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

[
Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Westcoaster

Westcoaster

Awesome gesture, helping this youngster look normal will give him a new lease of life.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It's great seeing people in need being helped, especially children. Great job Dr Wesley and staff.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Awesome gesture by an awesome Doctor/clinic, this will totally transform this young lad's life.
Very heartwarming to read these types of cases.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Awesome work I Salute You for your kindness and compassion.

Have a Great Easter

Daz

T

TJC22

Billena, I had one of my ears pinned back several years ago which I believe may have caused Scarring Alopecia. Around the year mark, postoperative my scalp began to itch behind the ear. The hair has slowly thinned revealing scar tissue similar to the images you posted of this young boy.
Have you seen similar scenarios where cosmetic surgery has had an adverse effect on the scalp?

M

mania

This is awesome for the little boy to get back his hair back by garfting amazing work have been done...