• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

The Risk of Sunburn On My Hair Transplant, Day 12

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Here the update on my #FUE #hairtransplant with Dr. Jerry Wong, day 9 and day 12. #patientsbeforeprofits

R

Risingforehead

Interesting Video Joe, enjoying seeing your post FUE updates. The video is entitled the risk of sunburn on your hair transplant, would you not be able to put any type of sunscreen on that area then to prevent it?

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Yes, one can do this to avoid the sunburn issue. ALWAYS follow the instructions of your clinic over anything I say but this is my philosophy and it is shared by several clinics. Most will tell you however that such sun exposure so soon after surgery isn't a good idea, but I'm monitoring my situation closely and have done this many times.

V

Viking

Love the funky hair cut as you put it. Your FUT scar is barely noticeable in this video did you have some micro pigment into it?

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
I did at one time, several years ago, but it isn't affecting the aesthetic of the scar any longer so what you're seeing is all scar tissue.

F

FUE3800Graftshead

I really worry about long-lasting symptoms due to FUE, such as the ones you mentioned in the video. (Numbing, sensations, etc.) Are there frequent cases were this was reported as permanent or long-term? Had I known before my FUE, I would have not have had it. I'm simply intolerant about having my hair back in exchange for the presence of physical symptoms, however minor they are.

I really hope I didn't commit a massive mistake. :( It's now 5 days since I had my procedure and I'm already missing my old look/state.