• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

The Transformation of NN

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
tim,

I believe that actually might be the same post you made before. Thanks man. The 2 of us have essentially the same story and both have had some great work done to allow us to go on with life. Pretty cool isn't it.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
NN are you thinking of another HT or are you happy and content.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
bigmac,

I am and have been thinking of another and infact from day one I had discussed this being a 2 part process, but the biggest issue for me has always been scheduling the time. I personally believe that the best results for me so that I can be sure that I will have goals met is to shave down and that would require a lot more time off given my career. Hence lies the problem.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
NN

I can see your predicament with time off work if you get shaved down.If you can sort something it will be great to follow your progress again.

cheers bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Unfortunately it is not just a matter of the time off. As a business owner I can do whatever the hell I want, but since I am the sole individual creating the revenue, without me there the HT could end up costing me 10x what it actually costs. ;ss;

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Tough call you have there NN.

Would you not consider going the non shaven route as the downtime would be minimum and imo the end result would not be compromised.I prefer this method of just having the hair trimmed down.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
How much time do you think you need to take off?

With the primary focus on back 1/2 and crown, it'll be easier to camoflouge the work. Expecially with nanogen. I forgot how much time you took the first time you were at SMG.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Obviously I think too much about this. Anyways, I personally feel that I am OK as I am but it would be nice to have more hairstyling options by addressing posterior 1/2. I also have an old lower scar I would want to address. I feel that with my donor, I could essentially have a full looking restoration. This would probably take about 3000fu. In order to do it in 1 shot it would likely require shaving down--maybe. And also, I don't know if I want to try for that many grafts do to the stress on the donor. My scar is great now and I don't really want to chance it. So I have thought of 2 options:

1. 2 sessions of approx. 1500 or so. Maybe I would be perfectly content after the first. This is not my first choice as it means 2 more surgeries--who likes that?

2. Combine a session of approx. 2000 with 1000Fue. This would take care of everything in one shot but ofcourse would require shaving down.

So there are my thoughts. This is why I also tell myself to leave it be and move on. I seriously am not overly concerned with the crown as I don't see it. The lower scar is more of a priority. Just my long winded thoughts.

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Wanting to do a 3000 graft session after having mulitiple ht sessions may not be an option but you certainly can put it up as a possibility to discuss with your doctor. It'll depend upon your laxity and density. The risk for wider scar on a 3000+ graft case is present on a "virgin" patient, so the likelihood on a repeat patient is more likely, as you are aware.

The other option of around 2000 size session might be something to consider first before the 3000 gr session or grafts + fue session for number of reasons:

1) you won't have to shave down in recipient or donor so virtually no downtime

2) you're not really bothered by hair loss to back 1/2 so why try to have what 3000 grafts would achieve?

3) You would be able to set aside a small portion of grafts from strip to plant into the lower donor scar so another session is not require.

4) healing time for fue sessions are almost nonexistent (few day), however, regrowing your native hairs may take several months to return to your normal length.

5) Costs much less

I personally think HT surgery is for those who are extremely bothered by their hairloss. So, if it doesn't bother you, why not put it off for now. You can still come by SMG to say "hi" and for a hug from one of the coolest chicks you know. :::C (and I'm not referring to Jill)

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Thanks Janna. Makes a lot of sense. Certainly a visit to SMG to see my favourite girl needs to be a consideration. Appreciate the response and feedback.

NN

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Hey NN,

nice to see your case/pics again. Looking good man, def. a big improvement. You have a much bolder hair line and solidified frontal third. I know the pre-op pics aren't extremely close up, but I really can't detect any "pluginess". Was your old work really bad? I can't tell from the pics...Looking good now either way.

Congrats again.

BTW, does the down time from a ht in any way deter you from wanting to go through an additional one? Only asking cuz you know Im mr. rainman about this stuff! ::;mb

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
NG,

I guess because of the fact that I had/have native hair I have never been able to portray the old pluggy work very well in photos. All I can say is that I would suspect if I didn't have native hair (which was the direction I was going) they would have looked as bad as most plugs do. They certainly weren't the alltime extreme UK butchering type 20 hair plugs growing in all different directions, but nonetheless they were not good. I was certainly at a point pre HT with SMG that I was starting to notice peoples eyes wondering to my hairline.:'#G::

For me the primary reason I have not jumped back in the chair is definitely the downtime. Keep in mind though that I had no pinkness after day 4 but I had a head of staples ofcourse and what looked like a very bad haircut. My job has me face to face with people under bright lights all day long.

In a perfect world, if I could find the time I would do a session of strip plus FUE and go for complete coverage. I would then likely never have to worry about the hair issue at all given that I am almost 41.

One of these days we'll have you in the chair.

NN

N

NW5a

Valued member
NN,

u hair looks great, what is with your vertex ?

Your dauhgter looks good ... :T:

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
NW5a--Thanks for compliment. Not sure of question regarding vertex??

Yes, my daughter is very lovely. Too bad she is so insecure as I am still trying to break her of her habit of not sleeping or showering alone.:whatever:---OK sick joke. Not cool.'''ss'':)

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I missed something.........what's with the daughter? *nl

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
He's referring to the pics of the hot brunette I posted.

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Oh, Kim Kardashian - gotcha.......lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

N

NW5a

Valued member
NN, with vertex i meant your crown. Do u have any plan for it ?