• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Tiny Session

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member

Tiny Session,

If one was a little dubious about the whole HT thing and how a HT would look, could one have a small session i.e. 300 FUE as an experiment. Has anyone ever done this?, Do people do this? what is your perspective on this?

Shang

P

Philb

Shang wrote:

Tiny Session,

If one was a little dubious about the whole HT thing and how a HT would look, could one have a small session i.e. 300 FUE as an experiment. Has anyone ever done this?, Do people do this? what is your perspective on this?

Shang

Hi Shang,

You have to ask yourself the question what are you looking to achieve from doing a small session; is it to see if it grows, or to see if it looks natural, to see if you wanted to lay in a chair for a day or two and have an op, physically or psychologically.

You then have to looks at where you place the hair, let's assume it grows and is successful, you generally can't just place all in the same area, rebuild one temple for example and leave the other, you have to consider the hairs per graft placed also in relation to the design. If you place within existing hair the chances are you will not be able to judge much because the new will blend in with the surrounding native hair. If you place on the hair line it would have to be spread evenly to look natural and most if not all would have to be single hairs placed and again hard to really make any type of judgement call.

Then, if you think longer term, you have a small session, if you decide not to go ahead for whatever reason those hairs will remain and if/when you receded further back you could be left with an pattern of growth on your hair line, you could shave them obviously maybe have them removed but neither option is ideal. Or let's say you are happy and then go ahead with your "proper procedure", the hairs placed originally become almost totally redundant, when designing a hair line the distribution of grafts is vital to ensure you can bite into the native hair and create a seamless blend. A receding hair line will have single FU and some miniaturisation along it, the doc will generally shave a small area along this line so he can place a decent enough density to rebuild the singles and miniaturisation into larger hair groups and then move forward with smaller hair groups until the very front of the line when the singles are again placed. So, all those singles you placed are lost and have to be rebuild to larger groups; if you did the op in one throw, let's say you needed 2000 grafts, it doesn't work out that you would use 300 first and 1700 second, the 300 basically count for very little because of the nature of the design, hence you use more of your hair bank than necessary.

My take, just my opinion, not saying right or wrong and would look forward to other opinions.

Gobeithia hon chynorthwyon

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Shang,

I concur totally with Phil. Its like a woman questioning whether a breast augmentation is right for her and will look natural, so she elects to get 1 breast done and then decide.

NN

PS. Not a great example of comparison I understand, especially since 1 beautiful breast is better than none.:T:

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
got to agree too if you have a small session of around 200 fue then your hairloss continues to progress in effect you could be left with a tiny patch of hair thats hard to do anything with

then using nn's reference to breasts it would be the patient that could look a tit:T:

can see the reasoning behind this idea but imo its not worth considering dude:)

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I'm u'st to looking like a tit anyway. What got me thinking bout it, is that feller does postage stamp FUE of a few grafts, perhaps its just to put FUE into a scar. Interesting way of putting it NN, you must have breasts on the mind.

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

Nothing like a
nice pair of breasts:T:

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

::}{:)(_::)(_:: nice one phil:)

great post by the way made a lot of sense dudeZ:B

Last edited:
Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I concur BN, its a shame NN had to lower the tone of the thread.:T:

P

Philb

Don't see it as lowering the tone, maybe see it as increasing the enlightenment.

'n bob chi has eiddo ddiwrnod

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Shang wrote:

Tiny Session,

Shang

I feel if you are in need of a small session for a scar repair or a small thinned out area then go ahead but i dont see why you would want a test session unless you are looking into BHT.

If you want to see how it looks,go meet some patients.

Imo most doctors will offer you a small session for the above reasons as they could either schedule a few small cases in a certain day or add you in on a day when they have a smallish session booked so as not to overstretch themselves.

the B spot

the B spot

Pick your Poison!
Shang-- I think the others have offered excellent reasons why one would not approach HT this way. (especially with NN's "one boob" theory which I support BTW :::C)

However, I see no reason if a patient wants a small test session of 300-500 grafts, why we could not accommodate them. HT is about planning--- and if the patient decides a small session would be necessary to experience the procedure and observe the results--- then we would just plan for the small session based on future loss--- so if the patient decided not to go through with another HT procedure, it would not present a problem.

With that said, Yes, I am not a fan of this approach, but again, this is a service industry and clinics should be able meet these types of requests, (within reason), if a patient feels a certain approach is necessary.

Hope this helps!
Jason

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Shang..

Valid question.... but unless its for a hairline touch up (if you have had an HT and are not happy with the result or want it refined etc) or even a scar repair I cant see any ethical doctor wanting to do this... I think it would be a waste of donor ??

I think you can see by the number of examples on here and other forums of how an HT will turn out... if you do your research, avoid the butchers and salesmen and choose the right clinic... (which is another topic all of its own !!).. all should be ok..

Maybe an eyebrow enhancement is what your after

:::C:::C

Last edited: