• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Using bleach on q-tip to remove hair dye

M

Monald

There was excess hair dye outside my hair line on my baby hairs. I dabbed some chlorox bleach outside some areas of my hairline to remove the hair dye from my forehead. If this was done once- can it cause hair loss to hair by hairline although the bleach was placed on baby hairs outside hairline?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Theres a good chance that it can cause hairloss,i would advise not to use this at all on your skin.

If you have any problems go see your doctor.

A tip for dyeing your hair.Apply Vaseline around the edges of your hair and on your ears.If any dye slightly runs you can simply rub it off as the Vaseline acts as a barrier and stops it from staining your skin.

bm.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It probably can cause both in my non medical opinion.

I would not apply bleach at all to my skin except for approved hair dyes which incidently can have adverse effects on your scalp,its recommended to do a small test area with hair dye to make sure you dont have a reaction to it.

Any pictures of your hairline to show us?

bm.