• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

What creams or lotions can I use on the recipient area to prevent itching?

H

Happy

My scalp has a lot of redness and itching in the recipient and donor area. Are there any anti-itch creams or lotions I can use? Prior to my hair transplant, my head was fine, no real itchiness, no dandruff, no sore spots but 4 months after my hair transplant it`s driving me crazy. My doctor suggested a mild medicated shampoo which I used for a month with no benefit.
Does anyone have any recommendations on things that have worked for them?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum.

From time to time my scalp goes dry, I did use Nizoral shampoo which helped a lot but recently I changed to E45 dry scalp shampoo which is cheaper to buy and works well. I began experimenting a little with other remedies too, one that has worked with the eradication of Dandruff is - I wash my hair with watered down apple cider vinegar 30 minutes before I wash it with my regular shampoo. This has worked well for me. Maybe have your hair transplant doctor or family doctor check your scalp in person if these conditions persist.

H

Happy

Hi Bigmac. Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I'll give the E45 shampoo a blast for a few weeks to see if it helps. I've never come across using apple cider vinegar, is there a particular type to use? Do you massage it in like regular shampoo? How long do you leave it on before rinsing it off? How many washes before you noticed it working? Apologies for the multiple questions, I just need something that will work.
I'll try these first, if my symptoms persist I'll attend the doctors for some tests and hopefully a diagnosis.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Some people swear by aloa Vera although I've never used it myself. I like the RegenePure range of shampoos they keep my scalp itch free these days

H

Happy

I did try Aloe without much success. Now trying the E45 shampoo a trial with the apple cider vinegar every other wash.

Regenepure has many positive reviews. Where do you purchase yours from?

S

Second Coming

Hi everyone,
First time poster here. I'd just like to share some life changing news with you all. I'm 43 this year and my hair has been thinning since I was in my mid 20's but this year the thinning had increased and like many I had been researching which Doctor to visit in Turkey to restore my crown area. 2 months ago I was told about the miracle that is the plain old onion and its juice. So after little deliberation I decided to try it. I mixed the juice of 2 onions with Aloe Vera infused with Tea tree oil and away I went. I applied the mixture every night rubbing into the thinning area.
After 4/5 days I noticed that my hair was thicker, but oddly I had what seemed like baby hair (very soft and fluffy) growing on my crown area which was confirmed by my partner. I'm now 7 weeks into the process and my crown has 80/90% grown back. My barber is amazed and has been telling this to all his customers. My grey hairs which were becoming more by the day have reduced dramatically and I never have to collect hairs from the sink after a shower now. Something to do with the sulphur in the onion I believe. Also it's great for irritable scalps. My Dad swears by it now! The only downside is the smell!!

If anyone is like me and thinking about getting their hair done, please try this first. It may just change your life and if anyone has any questions, please please feel free to contact me.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bigmac. Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I'll give the E45 shampoo a blast for a few weeks to see if it helps. I've never come across using apple cider vinegar, is there a particular type to use? Do you massage it in like regular shampoo? How long do you leave it on before rinsing it off? How many washes before you noticed it working? Apologies for the multiple questions, I just need something that will work.
I'll try these first if my symptoms persist I'll attend the doctors for some tests and hopefully a diagnosis.

I gently massage it in, leave for 2 minutes and rinse it off. I use any regular brand from the supermarket.
It was approximately 2 weeks of use before my dandruff cleared.
Good luck with it.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,
First time poster here. I'd just like to share some life changing news with you all. I'm 43 this year and my hair has been thinning since I was in my mid 20's but this year the thinning had increased and like many I had been researching which Doctor to visit in Turkey to restore my crown area. 2 months ago I was told about the miracle that is the plain old onion and its juice. So after little deliberation I decided to try it. I mixed the juice of 2 onions with Aloe Vera infused with Tea tree oil and away I went. I applied the mixture every night rubbing into the thinning area.
After 4/5 days I noticed that my hair was thicker, but oddly I had what seemed like baby hair (very soft and fluffy) growing on my crown area which was confirmed by my partner. I'm now 7 weeks into the process and my crown has 80/90% grown back. My barber is amazed and has been telling this to all his customers. My grey hairs which were becoming more by the day have reduced dramatically and I never have to collect hairs from the sink after a shower now. Something to do with the sulphur in the onion I believe. Also it's great for irritable scalps. My Dad swears by it now! The only downside is the smell!!

If anyone is like me and thinking about getting their hair done, please try this first. It may just change your life and if anyone has any questions, please please feel free to contact me.

Hi Second Coming.

There have been many claims about Onion juice. It would be great if you could start a new thread and document your story with some pictures.

S

Second Coming

Yeah no probs. I will start to document it all. Give me a few days while I pull all the info together. I have taken photo's throughout so shouldn't be a problem.

H

Happy

Onion juice would stink. There seem to be lots of stuff online about it, most of it originating from India.