• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

when to book?

Masher

Masher

Hi dudes/dudettes
When should I book my flights and accommodation etc-now or wait and see if the Pound strengthens against the dollar and book it later in the year?
Thanks in advance
Mash

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Masher

If you are 100% sure you are going ahead theres no harm in looking at flights now as you will get a better deal.I cant see the exchange rate changing much to make a significant saving to offset against booking a flight later and paying more.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
You can do some price checking for now on flights but wait until you get a firm surgery date first unless you plan on staying a week or more. The price for return flights should be around 400 - 500 pounds. We won't know about Dr. Ron's surgery schedule until late summer. Sorry.

Spex

Hi Masher, Hope you are well! - You will get a better deal booking in advance and combining flights with your accommodation. Wait though till booking this all up as Janna mentioned - get a confirmed date from SMG.

All the very best!:::C

Spex

Masher

Masher

Thanks Spex- things are great here-hope your well also and that thatch is still looking mint ;)
Mash

Peachy

Peachy

Hi Spex, great to see you on here mate, you are truly welcome. :)

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Hey Spex--good to see you. Hope all is well.

NN

Spex

Masher - cheers, the tatch is good thanks dude :::C

Peachy, hi mate - hope you are well ! Been a while since we met up - hope all is going well with your continued researching and planning.

NN, Thanks dude:::C

Peachy

Peachy

Hi Spex, I'm good thanks and you? Yeah the war chest is building nicely but the killer is squeezing in that damn downtime. Trying hard to get 3 weeks off in the winter but that's easier said than done. Anyway good to see you on here and hope to catch up with you soon. Cheers Peachy :::C

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Hey Peachy,
I took 3 weeks for my SMG ht just to be on the safe side. I did let my hair grow very long (for me) which was a good move. That said, next time I don't think I'd need 3 weeks - just over 2 weeks would be ok (say 12 working days off). Combine it with a public holiday etc and grow your hair a bit to help and use some concealer if required.
Baldspot

Peachy

Peachy

Thanks Baldspot, I've been watching your progress with interest. Good to know your strategy worked out for you and you got back to work with no one being the wiser. I plan to grow my hair so that should sort the donor, but not so much of an option on top for me though....groan! Have you started to shed yet? Cheers Peachy