• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Which clinic?

R

rolf

Hi,

I'm planning to have some FUE treatment done in the near future and I'm currently doing my research on the various optons and clinics. Living in the UK, I'm drawn towards either Prohair or BHR in Belgium as there have been many positive accounts of both these clinics on this forum. However, the difference in price is a little confusing: for example for a 2500 graft FUE treatment, BHR charges 9500 Euros while Prohair charges 5750 Euros. Is this due to a difference in the quality of the treatment? The two clinics are both in Belgium and they seem to have equally good reputations judging from the experiences of the patients. Also the doctors at both places have received considerable praise. Having a fairly limited budget, I would naturally go for maximum treatment, but not at the expense of quality of work. I wonder if anybody could give me some advise?

I'm a little cautious now as I got ripped off a couple of years ago with a strip treatment. I lost about £6000 to a conman called Malcolm Mendelsohn (NHI) when I went to Athens for treatment. The procedure I had there was almost totally unsuccessful and just left me with a massive scar.

Best regards,

Rolf

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Malcolm Mendelsohn is on my list of people to kick the crap out of if I see them, I managed to get away from him without having surgery, but it was a very harrowing experience meeting him.

R

rolf

Roger that, Sparky. I'm on the lookout for Mendelsohn myself and what I'll do to him when I find him, I'd better not express here!
I now think that my original question regarding BHR and Prohair was a bit dumb. They evidently are both very reputable clinics and they each have several accounts of positive experiences from patients on this forum.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If i were you i would have consults with both clinics,ask them whatever questions you have and ask for some patients you can contact or possibly meet.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Your question is not a dumb one. I guess I too would wonder why there would be such a large difference in price.

I do know that BHR are phenominal. Very reputable with a great track record.

Prohair has a great reputation also but did they not recently undergo a change of physician? (within last year) Not to take anything away and if I am wrong someone should please enlighten me, but I believe that they had a change in physicians. To me, a clinics name is not enough--but before Bart strangles me, I have seen very good work from them recently.

Just so that things are clear as to what I am saying--SMG is a phenominal clinic, but if they hired a new doctor, I could not immediately recommend him/her based on clinics reputation. Just the way I think.

Research, research, research.

NN

R

rolf

Thank you both Bigmac and Nervousnelly for your advice. I plan to have some consultations soon which should give me a better idea of the clinics. It's also good to see that there are not so many of the horror stories anymore of experiences people had a couple of years ago with individuals like Mendelsohn and various clinics in Greece.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
The doctor is everything, the name of the clinic is irrelevent when it comes to this.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Glad the forum is helping you in your research.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
My opinion is that many things go into choosing the right clinic. The doctor has to be caring, experienced, ethical, and just have a natural ability, Dr. Bisanga has all these traits. But the clinic including all of the staff also need to have these same traits, caring, experienced, ethical and a natural ability to determine what is best for the patient, BHR has all this and more.

It is very hard to find this combination. It has been my experience that all the clinics I have consulted with were lacking in some area.

My WHTC Hair Talk

My WHTC Hair Talk

Hi Rolf,
I agree with all the other comments. I also heard that both clinics are great. There are a lot great doctors in the FUE industry in the UK. I would suggest you have a consultation with a variety of different doctors before making a decision. Most of the FUE clinics have free consultations. Research is the key to making any decision with your appearance. Good Luck with your research.

www.mywhtc.com

Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
I am a happy BHR patient. Although very few people can say that price isn't a consideration the cost (both financial and mental) of a bad hair transplant is absolutely huge.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
My WHTC Hair Talk wrote:
Hi Rolf,
I agree with all the other comments. I also heard that both clinics are great. There are a lot great doctors in the FUE industry in the UK. I would suggest you have a consultation with a variety of different doctors before making a decision. Most of the FUE clinics have free consultations. Research is the key to making any decision with your appearance. Good Luck with your research.

http://www.mywhtc.com
There arent any good fue doctors in the UK, none. The UK is one of the worst places to get an HT.

My WHTC Hair Talk

My WHTC Hair Talk

Thanks Sparky,
I meant Beligum. There some great FUE docs in Beligum.

B

Bastion

Consult with as many doctors you feel appropriate, then compare what advice they provide.

D

drmwamba

Valued member
I do agree with everybody about your comments and input .

The doctor is a key factor when it gets to treat a patient (because natural ability and skills vary from one person to another ).But there is some group that really take into account their reputation .They could not put you in the hands of a practionner if they don't believe that doctor is up to the work .That's the goal I pursued with my group ( it takes time and consistency to achieve that ).If a group or a clinic wants to take shortcut ,they end up with a mixture of good and bad physicians .

Price alone is not a guarantee of quality .But quality work deserve a good reward financially ( Mercedes ,Ferrarri,etc...).But you can find today mercedes at affordable prices .

The clinic you named perform good work.if I can give an answer of prices with prohair ,I do believe they could offer cheap price because they are claiming they can perform up to 3000 grafts in one day .At this speed the rentability for one day for prohair is around 6000 euro if they charge 2 euro per graft ( It is just an example ;I do not know exactly the quote at prohair ).

Myself ,I do perform 1000 grafts a day .To reach the same rentabilty financially , I have to charge 6 euro per graft . My real price is 5 euro per graft for FUE .

In my side , whenever I increase the speed ,I realize that the quality of my grafts is not the same .But everyday , I am working on my speed so I could be able to lower my price .And outhere , you will hear doctors are coming with devices that could also speed up the process (engine to perform FUE).In my hands , I didn't get any improvement with my speed .When I tried to go faster , I don't like the quality of those grafts .But engine got many others benefits than manual punching ( this could be discussed in another topic).

I tried to give you a broad picture of differences that could occur from one clinic to another regarding pricing ,number of grafts ,and other aspects of the procedure .

You should look at consistency in results and try to talk to patients and have a consultation with clear explanation of your goals .