• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Which Footballers do we know who suffer hair loss and who's had work done?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Was browsing the other day and came across an interesting article that referred to famous footballers that had undergone work for their hair loss.

We all know Rooney has due to him admitting it and the press making stupid comments about it costing him 30 plus thousand pounds at the time:ROFLMAO:

IF you watched Manchester City’s David Silva in the 2018-19 season, you might just have noticed the continued and unexpected growth of his hair.

Having started the season with a shaved head, the Spanish maestro is now boasting the kind of full and luxuriant head of hair rarely seen outside of the world of Action Man.

david silva 2.jpg

photo before from 2017

david before.jpg

Then theres Rooney at age 25

rooney at 25.jpg

He decided to get something done about his hair loss, although the picture below is a generous one as it doesn't look as good these days imo.

Rooney after.jpg

To his credit, Rooney has never hidden the fact that he’s undergone several procedures in his bid to beat his baldness, spending a reported £30,000 in the process.

In 2011, for example, he took to Twitter to proudly declare the start of his treatment and to show the results of the surgery.

He’s also said to use hair thickening sprays too. And it’s still not working according to press reports.

Then there's Stephen Ireland

As a youngster at Manchester City coming through the ranks his hairline was high as seen below.

STEPHEN IRELAND.jpg

Then in 2006 his hair became bushy and a lot fuller

ir4.jpg

And now it looks like he accepts his hair loss
ir5.jpg

Where do you start with Stephen Ireland’s hair? Or lack of it. In his early days as a professional, it was clear he was thinning on top but then around 2006/07, his hair suddenly sprung into life.

At the time, rumours abounded that it was actually a wig, rather than a transplant.

But in 2008 the plot, unlike his hair, thickened when he turned out for Manchester City with his head completely shaved.

Now without a club, the 32-year-old opts for the bald but bearded style, a look which makes his head look upside down.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Then there's

Andros Townsend

Before
andros.jpg

Now

andros now.jpg

Dimitar Berbatov

His hairloss was clear during his later years at Man utd

berb b4.jpg

And now his hair is back and a lot darker too.

berb now.jpg

the Bulgarian striker became known as one the earlier pioneers of the Alice band.

But by the time he joined Monaco in 2014 he didn’t really have any need for it.

Check him out now though - what a transformation.

Time to dig out the Alice band again.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Antonio Conte

He is such a perfectionist he has had THREE hair transplants apparently.

He underwent two less than successful procedures in his native Italy after retiring as a player.

Eventually he got his barnet back when he flew to Vancouver, Canada, to the famous Hasson and Wong clinic.

This time the surgery worked, and he still has the full head of hair he dreamed of, despite spending two seasons at Chelsea.

Before
ant b4.jpg

And now
cont now.jpg

Can anyone think of anymore and add any pics?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ll think of some and add them later but for now, Micky Gray, Peter Reid, James McFadden and Jason Mcateer.

G

gambler

Valued member
Here's a few I can think of :-

Slaven Bilic
Christian Eriksen
Steven Fletcher
Leigh Griffiths
Anthony Stokes
David Platt
Steve Claridge
Gianfranco Zola
Gaizka Mendieta

bullitnut

bullitnut

Wow guys thats awesome i never knew half of these had undergone a transplant. i knew about Leigh Griffiths and Anthony Stokes. The one that suprised me was Zola, obviously being out of the game now i hadn't seen his hair recently anyone got a pic of him?

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
There are many more.
But done properly nobody will notice and ethical clinics would not go public unless agreed by the patient.

G

gambler

Valued member
A few more:-

Cesc Fabregas
Joe Ledley
Ryan Giggs
Didi Hamann
Wesley Sneijder (Had a hair transplant at Dr Gho's clinic)
Ashley Barnes Had a hair transplant at Farjo

R

Risingforehead

Interesting this thread. Watching the very sad rugby match yesterday with Rob Burrows do any of you know of any famous Rugby players who have had transplants too.

G

gambler

Valued member
Another one

Liverpool's Xerdan Shaqiri now sporting a pretty decent transplant.

HyKcvc6nXWq25SKirQooS4a6q9JJLF52K_I9Q3E_Dug.jpg

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
I noticed Shaqiri's hair while watching the Spurs match at the weekend. Looks an impressive transformation.

G

gambler

Valued member
Has Jurgen Klopp had a transplant anyone?

Yes, he had a hair transplant with Dr Malte Villnow and openly admits it.

He needs a top-up in my opinion and that's probably why he frequently wears a Liverpool baseball cap these days.

1978matt

Valued member
Danny Ings. Look closely at recent versus Burnley photos and you will see it.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Bryan Robson. His hair transplant looked good when I saw him on tv the other day.

Bryan Robson hair transplant.jpg
Bryan Robsons hair transplant.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

Am I right in thinking he went to BlackRock dude same as Loius Walsh?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi BN. Yes, he went to Blackrock.
I like James Nesbitt and Rob Brydon's results. They both went there. Not footy related though.