• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Which works best for donor scar revision: Beard FUE or SMP?: Carlos K. Wesley, MD (NYC/LA)

billena

billena

Media Mgr Dr. Carlos K. Wesley
Patients often ask about effective ways to conceal any donor scar after follicular unit transplantation (FUT ) Two popular options are follicular unit extraction (FUE) from either donor scalp, beard, or chest or skin micropigmentation (SMP). Here are a couple examples of both for you to decide for yourself.

Slide15.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide3-34.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide1.jpg

Slide1-37.jpg

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Thanks for the post. Interesting to see the different means to conceal the scar.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Nice post. I`d prefer to have grafts placed in the scar as my first option unless the scar was very wide and i had the option of a revision.
So, I would go revision first, then fue, then smp.
Incidently, I`ve actually gone this route.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Great Post showing all the alternative routes to take

R

Risingforehead

Is it case dependent or does Dr Wesley's have a preferred route?

M

Manamros

Nice post. I`d prefer to have grafts placed in the scar as my first option unless the scar was very wide and i had the option of a revision.
So, I would go revision first, then fue, then smp.
Incidently, I`ve actually gone this route.
Hi, so what about the reults of your revision? I am thinking the same

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Does Dr Wesley offer SMP too then Billena?
Does Beard hair look as good as scalp hair when placed into a scar when buzzed very short or does it stand out a little more due to it's slight difference in characteristics?

Great post by the way :)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
My revision worked well. If my hair is cut to a number 2 guard I can see where the scars were but can`t really see the scars. You have to see it in person to really see as photos don`t capture it.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Would love to see some too if you have any ?