• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Whole families hair thinning

B

Billy101

Hey All,

For 4 yrs now I've watched my families hair all thinning away to around 20% left. That's me, my daughter (17) and son who is now 14 yrs old.

Before this started everyone had super thick hair. My theory is ringworm as we did get it around the time it started 4 yrs ago, however we all show no signs of it now, but yet everyones hair is continuing to thin. If we don't find an answer soon, all my kids including myself will have no hair left.

Has anyone heard of this happening or know what could be causing it? We eat relatively healthy so I don't think its that.

Thanks,

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You really need to see a dermatologist to have a medical opinion on this.
Maybe someone reading has experienced similar and reply,

Is the hair loss been accelerated lately or the same gradual loss over 4 years?

B

Billy101

It's been really fast but stayed very consistent. Also all the family hasn't noticed any hair falling out which makes it stranger. It just gets thinner day by day. We've all probably lost around 70% in the 4 years and its noticeably really bad on everyone now.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You`re welcome. Wish I had the answers for you. Good luck With finding out what the cause is and hopefully, there is something that can help your family’s situation.