• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

WOMAN, 2500 Gr. 5393 Hair: SUPERB and FAST REGROWTH, by Dr. Jean Devroye, MD

Dr Devroye

Dr Devroye

Valued member
40 years old patient, since many years she was progressively thinning on the whole frontal area and on her temples.

She started an androcur treatment 5 years ago which has slightly improved the situation. It is almost certainly a genetic pattern since her grandmother suffered the same type of hair loss.

The indication is excellent, the donor area is rich.

The strategy consists in reaching a maximum number of grafts, to place a large amount of FU1 (singles) for a blurry aspect of the frontal line.

On the following lines, the density of incisions remained important and FU3 or FU4 grafts were used.

Thanks to the pairing (association into the same incision the 2 hair grafts) I managed to increase the hair density.

The patient €™s post-op was fine, without a hitch. The fall of the grafts was early and almost total. Then the regrowth occurred very quickly.

After 3 months only, we could already see the regrowth.

The actual result is really early as it is a 6 months post-op.

The aspect is already very natural. Hairs are still short but in a few months, the new hair will be perfectly integrated into the original hair.

Moreover, the trichophytic closure made the scar unnoticeable.

Number of grafts 2500, Number of hair 5393 (2.16 Hair/graft).

FU1 552, FU2 1121, FU3 679, FU4 148

Surface covered 33.8 cm2 + 34.5 cm2=68.3 cm2

Average density placed (incision/cm2) = 36 FU/cm2

Average density in hair (Hair/cm2)=79 Hair/cm2

Dr Jean Devroye, MD

ant-line-woman-100.jpg

ant-line-woman-200.jpg

ant-line-woman-210.jpg

ant-line-woman-220.jpg

ant-line-woman-300.jpg

ant-line-woman-345.jpg

ant-line-woman-400.jpg

ant-line-woman-450.jpg

ant-line-woman-800.jpg

Evolution of the surgery-1 year after!

ant-line-wom-Y1-100-1.jpg

ant-line-wom-Y1-140.jpg

ant-line-wom-Y1-200.jpg

ant-line-wom-Y1-240.jpg

ant-line-wom-Y1-300.jpg

ant-line-wom-Y1-340.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
WOW the work looks super clean and the results look great and very natural, nice job Dr Devroye ¬b`

ps the pictures are excellent!! the donor closure looks very good too

would be good to see more pics at a later date cheers

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
This is another brilliant example of quality work. Thanks for the post doc.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
This patient must be thrilled with her growth at 6 months.The donor scar is fading fast and lookds like it will be near impossible to see soon.

Very nice work.

bm.

Dr Devroye

Dr Devroye

Valued member
New pictures added to first post to illustrate the result at the one year mark.

Enjoy.

Dr. Devroye.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Beautiful work and beautiful results! ¬b`

Thanks for the update.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Massive difference between 6 months and 12 months, seems to be the norm with HT's which means I should get a lot more hair growing through my scar at 12 months than now. :)

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Sparky wrote:
Massive difference between 6 months and 12 months, seems to be the norm with HT's which means I should get a lot more hair growing through my scar at 12 months than now. :)

yeah 6 to 12 are definately shown to be the best months although i personally got a lot more growth in months 8 to 12;)

just checked these pics again all i can say is WOW!

A

Amy

If I opted for surgery, would it be possible to have fue method leaving my hair long to hide the area where the grafts are extracted?