• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hairtransplant by Dr. Feriduni : 1200 FUE frontal area + restoration FUT scar / my journey

S

Scottdog

Thanks bro . Hows your recovery and result going ? Hope all goes well .
Hello mate all good,I'm 3 months on the 25th of October and really happy with it, only thing is top of my head is still numb,glad all's good with you bro

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
This looks fantastic at this timeframe. Your scar, what scar? I do not see it. Donor is one of the best I have seen.

L

Luka

Day 3 . Ok everyone let me post you all an update about my experience the first few days after my treatment . Sleeping has been difficult for me , since grafts have been placed on my fut scar as well on my temple area / forehead . In other words I need to make sure that the grafts on the front and back of my head don’t touch the pillow . I try sleep in the recliner , sitting staight up . I look quit like a zombie , but it’s all worth in the result :) . In the end we do it for the result . As for pain , only the first evening after coming home from the clinic I felt like pain coming in the transplanted area . The painkillers given by the clinic solved this issue. Further my head skin has like a burning feeling from the graft extractions ( which is a normal side effect after a hairtransplant) . My forehead is a little bit swollen , but not too bad . All in all , the pain is not too much . The most difficult part for me is just trying get some rest at night :) , but this will be able again soon , patience is a virtue I know . Further from now on I will post each Friday a weekly update of my progress ( after my first month , I will do a monthly update ) . Following I will show you my results / look of day 3:

View attachment 32760View attachment 32761View attachment 32762
I am not sure I understand how you managed to sleep avoiding both frontal part and FUT scar part touching anything? You said you were sleeping standing up? How many days exactly did you have to mind how you sleep? I am considering a transplant in both the hairline and perhaps a tiny bit of the crown and I am not sure how I would overcome the sleeping issue, even with a travel pillow...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kevin. Your temples look to be having growth, hairline looks good and your old FUT scar looks excellent.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure I understand how you managed to sleep avoiding both frontal part and FUT scar part touching anything? You said you were sleeping standing up? How many days exactly did you have to mind how you sleep? I am considering a transplant in both the hairline and perhaps a tiny bit of the crown and I am not sure how I would overcome the sleeping issue, even with a travel pillow...

You just sleep at a 45-degree angle propped up on pillows. A recliner chair works too but I’d say the pillow option is better.

K

Kevin_K

Hello guys , first of all best wishes for 2023 . Let me update you all with some pictures of my result so far post 7,5 months post OP . Just got a fresh hair and quit short . I have to say so far I am very satisfied with the result by dr. Feriduni. My problem ( the temple area ) is now nice covered and my hairline is lower now . Before I always needed to comb my hair to the side in order to cover up things and make the hairline lower . I also never could wear my hair short , cause I felt not comfortable with the temple area exposed . Now I can wear my short and even can put it up , and I am really pleased with that and happy / excited . As for the fur scar , my situation there has improved a lot compared to before . Before I had complete hairless white stripe of scar tissue . Now it’s covered some . I just did let my hair trim up in the back with 6 mm , which turned out too short. And is you can see below on the picture , you can see the fit stripe still ( altough it is much better then before ) . But after a week / 9 days it will be covered . Last haircut I had it trim up around 8/9 mm , and it was nice then and nice covered my scar ( which also excites me , cause before I always had to let my hair in the back long in order to cover up the big fut scar , now I finally can cut my hair short over there . Next week when my hair is some longer there I will post for you new pictures of the fut scar result ) . Here come the pictures for today ( I also added one picture of me and my parents of last christmass, to see the result from a non/selfie camera angle ) . Around next week / 10 days will post a new picture of my fut scar result ( when the hair is a little longer over there ) .

3C5B5686-C62D-4927-83D8-1D2DA040566B.jpeg
13DA8E1A-464D-4468-931E-A12431C286BE.jpeg
CD23DC00-370E-4682-A149-190E0EEC5968.jpeg
E9A88BA3-278F-4E90-9651-EA40C943E4E8.jpeg
2AA9C110-739D-455C-AB00-3DDCD6DEEE64.jpeg
7EE6C408-2B7B-4067-B7D7-82EB4B1972C3.jpeg
152F1BD4-49FA-4B44-8209-61ED71599AB0.jpeg
6193C954-2CEB-490C-99FD-E51895BE0860.jpeg
F3A2C394-01BE-45B0-8A34-CBD575CEA48E.jpeg

Reactions: TBH
K

Kevin_K

Since my barber did trim up the back of my hair little too short 6 mm ( also I wanted try out that short trim to see if it would still hide the fut scar ) , I just went to the store and purchased some toppik hair fiber in dark brown , in order to cover up the fut scar for some days . At 6mm trim up the fut scar is still to some degree visible ( altough much better then before ) . At 8/9 mm trim up ( which I did during my previous haircut end of November ) the fut scar is mostly already natural covered up , which excites me . However since the 6mm trim up is too short for hiding the fut scar now I just tried out some toppik hair fibers on the scar , and I have to say the result is amazing ( see picture below ). This way I can cover it up nicely for the first 8/9 days , untill my hair is natural long enough ( around 8/10 mm ) at the scar area to cover it up natural ( next hair cut will go for 8/9 mm trim up , so I won’t need to cover with fibers ) . I’m glad even now that there are enough hairs at the scar to hold the fibers even at 6 mm trim up. So in case if you would have similar situation like me ( had 2 fut surgeries in the past and was left with a huge scar ) , even at 6 mm trim up after hair transplant at the scar , one could cover it up with toppik hair fibers ( if you really want it short as 6mm ) , but ( for me personal ) with 8/9 mm trim up it looks natural already almost complete covered up . Will post pictures of 8/9 mm stand with natural cover up over 8/10 days for you guys . Below now is the picture of my 6mm trim up , with the fut scar covered up with toppik hair fibers . The good result surprised me :

DE0197C1-88A4-4BC6-862B-F9EF95C78A6F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: TBH
L

Luka

Top and hairline look flawless. FUT scar is probably noticeable
Hello guys , first of all best wishes for 2023 . Let me update you all with some pictures of my result so far post 7,5 months post OP . Just got a fresh hair and quit short . I have to say so far I am very satisfied with the result by dr. Feriduni. My problem ( the temple area ) is now nice covered and my hairline is lower now . Before I always needed to comb my hair to the side in order to cover up things and make the hairline lower . I also never could wear my hair short , cause I felt not comfortable with the temple area exposed . Now I can wear my short and even can put it up , and I am really pleased with that and happy / excited . As for the fur scar , my situation there has improved a lot compared to before . Before I had complete hairless white stripe of scar tissue . Now it’s covered some . I just did let my hair trim up in the back with 6 mm , which turned out too short. And is you can see below on the picture , you can see the fit stripe still ( altough it is much better then before ) . But after a week / 9 days it will be covered . Last haircut I had it trim up around 8/9 mm , and it was nice then and nice covered my scar ( which also excites me , cause before I always had to let my hair in the back long in order to cover up the big fut scar , now I finally can cut my hair short over there . Next week when my hair is some longer there I will post for you new pictures of the fut scar result ) . Here come the pictures for today ( I also added one picture of me and my parents of last christmass, to see the result from a non/selfie camera angle ) . Around next week / 10 days will post a new picture of my fut scar result ( when the hair is a little longer over there ) .
Top of my head is flawless in my opinion, great density.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Thanks for posting your experience , AMAZING RESULTS congratulations looks totally natural

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kevin, your hair is looking great at this point. You must be very happy with it. Your scar has improved a lot. There’s still time for further improvement. Grafts I had placed into a non HT scar kept improving well after 12 months.
Your father looks as though he has a good head of hair.
Your donor looks good withe Toppik. I used DermMatch on my FUT scar, it was easier to apply and lasted all day.
I’ll look forward to your next update.
Hope you had a good New Year too.
All the best.
Bm.

K

Kevin_K

Thanks all for the nice comments and feedback . I’m really happy with the results . As you all said , the top of my head and frontal hairline looks very nice , and natural . I can style it now anyway I like it , short or long. As for the fut scar, it has indeed improved a lot compared to earlier . Now around 8 days after the haircut , the scar is not much visible , just should not trim it up to 6mm next time . Let’s see how the scar area will look later on . Anyway I’m already satisfied with the improvement there , cause before I could never cut my hair any short , which is now possible . If it’s still visible the scar later on at 6mm , I can consider maybe micro pigmentation in the scar area to give it the finishing touch and to be able to wear my hair with 6 mm trim up . Let’s see and wait . But the main concern for me was the top and frontal hairline , for which the result is really great . As for
My dad , he indeed has a good decent hair situation , he’s 67 years old , and has natural a better hair condition then me ( I finsihed 3 hair transplants now hehe :) ) .

Guest!

Feriduni is always quality. Top looks really great i agree.

As for the FUT scar my understanding is the grafts in scar tissue take a little bit longer to mature so you might see some improvements still. SMP might help hide the FUT scar a bit as well - I just tried that myself.

You could also try another pass at the scar with FUE grafts ... one clinic told me they can only transplant into scar tissue around 28FU/cm meaning it requires around 2 passes to really camouflage it. My best guess looking at your scar is that it's around 25cm long and 0.75cm wide? So if Feriduni put 500 grafts in it that would similarly work out to around 25FU/cm. So if it really bothered you it would be worth asking Feriduni the FU they transplanted into the scar and how best to approach the situation.

Like Bigmac i also found dermatch easier than toppik when applying to FUT scars as dermatch seems to be better at minimising skin contrast whereas toppik is better at adding density to preexisting hair.

Thanks for sharing :)

K

Kevin_K

Thanks guys ( bigmac and Lostandconfused ) for the great info in regards to the fut scar situation . I will wait and see how the scar situation will look over 5/6 months . Dermatch sounds like a better option then compared to toppik . The toppik I found indeed quit a mess to apply to the car , cause I blindly had to apply to the back of my head , so waisted a lot of fibers and mess on the ground , which I cleaned directly . I was happy that after 7/8 days I could stop using toppik , cause the hair was little longer and covered the scar better. I will try out dermatch maybe next time when I have my hair shorter first week after haircut ( when I would try a 6mm trim up again ) . Thanks for the tips .

Guest!

lol yes about the toppik. Always a mess for me too. I can barely take pictures of the back of my head properly so i have no idea how anyone can apply toppik there

You could also try doing a fade for the donor area - do 6mm around the bottom but fade into 9mm around the FUT scar area.

But yeah wait til the 12 month mark to see how it works out. Vast improvement already.

K

Kevin_K

lol yes about the toppik. Always a mess for me too. I can barely take pictures of the back of my head properly so i have no idea how anyone can apply toppik there

You could also try doing a fade for the donor area - do 6mm around the bottom but fade into 9mm around the FUT scar area.

But yeah wait til the 12 month mark to see how it works out. Vast improvement already.
Yes exactly I was planning doing a fade next haircut as you said :) . The toppik was indeed too much of a mess lol .

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks all for the nice comments and feedback . I’m really happy with the results . As you all said , the top of my head and frontal hairline looks very nice , and natural . I can style it now anyway I like it , short or long. As for the fut scar, it has indeed improved a lot compared to earlier . Now around 8 days after the haircut , the scar is not much visible , just should not trim it up to 6mm next time . Let’s see how the scar area will look later on . Anyway I’m already satisfied with the improvement there , cause before I could never cut my hair any short , which is now possible . If it’s still visible the scar later on at 6mm , I can consider maybe micro pigmentation in the scar area to give it the finishing touch and to be able to wear my hair with 6 mm trim up . Let’s see and wait . But the main concern for me was the top and frontal hairline , for which the result is really great . As for
My dad , he indeed has a good decent hair situation , he’s 67 years old , and has natural a better hair condition then me ( I finsihed 3 hair transplants now hehe :) ) .

Yes, your dad was definitely blessed with good hair. It’s good to hear your scar is concealed better with slightly longer hair. Now you can enjoy your hair.