• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

18 years old and receding?

F

Frankkl

Hi there,

I've had concerns about my hair for a while now and thought I should ask those who are most likely to know. Attached are photos of my hair that were taken today. Mainly, I'd just like to know what your opinions of it are. I am naturally quite paranoid about things, so I am trying to see whether my worries are warranted or not.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

Attachments

• 18 year old - is my hairline receding.jpg
    18 year old - is my hairline receding.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 18 year old possibly hair loss in hairline.jpg
    18 year old possibly hair loss in hairline.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 152
  • 18 year old with hair loss concerns.jpg
    18 year old with hair loss concerns.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 18 year old possibly hair loss in crown.jpg
    18 year old possibly hair loss in crown.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 154
  • 18 year old possibly hair loss in my crown.jpg
    18 year old possibly hair loss in my crown.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 135
Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Your hair line looks like it had receded in the corners giving you the V shape of a more mature man. Have you an earlier photograph from 15 or 16 to compare with?

You have the same exact hairline and hair length I did at 18. I had a Hair transplant at a little over 3 months ago at 20. I think you are definitely receding. I started finasteride at 18 which is maintaining the hair that I have. I never noticed my temples earlier since my hair length covered it up. I probably started to lose my temples around 17 years old.

C

Coopman

Valued member
Your crown looks ok but you are clearly receding at the front.

It is a bitter pill to swallow at 18, I was 14 when I started losing mine so I know how it feels.

Fortunately there are treatments if you want to maintain what you have. Goldenkill mentions Finasteride and there is plenty of information on here about that drug.

Rogaine foam is another treatment that works and costs around 40-45 UK pounds for a 3 month supply.

F

Frankkl

Thank you all for the reply. Unfortunatly, I don't have any photos that show off my hairline from before this year. As I am sort of an all or nothing guy, it's likely that once it is more outwardly noticable to others. I'll just shave it off. Thank your for the advice though, I appreciate it immensely.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If you try the medications you may keep all your hair you have right now, although you have to weigh up any possible side effects against holding onto your hair.
If you do nothing and see what happens you may not lose much more hair if any at all. It really can be unpredictable.
If you do lose a lot more over the years and you are happy to buzz it down, then good for you.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

V

Viking

If I were in your shoes I would get on Finasteride immediately to keep what you have. Hair loss is horrible at any age but at such a young age I'd be desperate to keep what I had.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Did you get a chance to check into the hair loss meds?

V

Viking

Over use of peroxide isn't good for your hair too if that's what you use to highlight it.