• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

1818 FUE Grafts with Dr B Farjo

M

micknick

Valued member
Bigmac wrote:
Hi Mick.
What do you mean bulbs on the end of your hair? Are these at the end of your long native hair as I can`t see any on your pictures.
At 11 weeks not much happens unless you`re a lucky early grower.
The hair at the front a few of them have a little bulb on the end. Like a little dark ball, its hard to photgraph and isnt on all of them just a few now and then. Any ideas?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Is it on transplanted hair or native hair? Ask the clinic to see what they say.

M

micknick

Valued member
Apparently the bulbs are normal and just where the hairs have grown through.

So here we are 3 months post, things are starting to happen. There are new hairs appearing where they wasnt any before

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Still very early days dude but your coming up to the exciting time....the next 3 or 4 months are going to be fun. Thanks for the update and please keep us in the loop.
Warm wishes BN;)

don1966

don1966

Valued member
Looks like your going to have a nice result,great hairline design and great work from Dr Farjo.Exciting times to come Especially at this stage.

M

micknick

Valued member
Thanks guys.

Quick question I €™m going to Florida for a week in a couple of weeks, should I stay out of the sun or just get away with wearing a cap?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
You should be fine with a hat dude just try not to get sunburn in the reciepient area thats all bud

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
All looks normal, a little lingering redness and a few pimples which will subside soon enough.

M

micknick

Valued member
So a few days shy of 4 months post. Its all starting to grow, maybe not as quick as I would like but I suppose patience has and still is the name of the game...

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Looks like things are starting to happen now Mick. Thanks for updating.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Slowly but surely things are happening. 3-6 months is the usual average people begin to see growth. Just gotta wait a little longer.
Thanks for the updates.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Thanks for Posting your updates you will be happy man wants things to start to bloom for you which sounds like its happening now all the very best

M

micknick

Valued member
So 5 months post op and things have started moving.

For contrast here is an image from the day of my surgery:

My hair is loads darker and thicker- I have been very strict in using minoxidil foam morning and night and have been taking Biotin every day. Did anyone else find that their hair got darker and Im also getting a fair few grey hairs! Not worried about that one bit but Im pretty happy so far.

The sides where there are gaps have little hairs coming through and there seems to be more each day so am feeling loads more confident and havent worn a hat now for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend

WoW its starting to real come on now you can see the transformation taking place really love your pictures and the Team made a really good choice with the design , its only going to get better and better from now on thanks for posting really wrapped for you ¬b`

Daz

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Big difference to your pre op. It €™s shaping up nicely to frame your face.
Thanks for the update.

All the best

Bm

M

micknick

Valued member
Question I €™ve got to the guys that have had surgery- when did the transplanted hair start to look normal and not like well erm pubes? It €™s thin and curly at the front which I know is norm but just wondered how long everyone took for it to start getting thick and normal in appearance?

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Mick,
Early growth can initially look unruly like it has a mind of its own, but you should find as time goes on and the hair matures that it takes on the same characteristics as your native hair. This is something I've experienced with my own ht's - the hair definitely seems to 'calm down' over time.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes when your hairline is growing in, the thicker hairs show up more until the finer singles grow. The curly hairs are different from patient to patient but in my own experience hey we're sorting themselves out around month 7.
Occasionally I still get the odd couple of hairs that grow in a curly way, then on their next growth cycle they're back to being straight.

M

micknick

Valued member
Few days short of 6 months, Im really happy but like I think most people say you start to get greedy. When I look back at photos Im over the moon but Im still hopeful it will thicken up some what and fill in the gaps that are still there.

Any comments appreciated: