• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2000 FUE Transplant With Dr Bisanga BHR Brussels

L

lagalaxy

Valued member
Im writing here to give my personal experience of my hair transplant with Dr Bisanga last September. It started with contact through email with a guy from the clinic (I wont mention names) who was very helpfull in discussing possible solutions to my hairloss problem. He forwarded my pics etc to the doc and I was advised that either a strip or FUE transplant of around 2000 - 2500 would suit me best. This was eventually performed into my hairline without shaving. I am mainly writting to give feedback and answer questions that others in a similar situation may have. But I wont write an essay just a brief acount of my experience. Any questions feel free to ask.

I live in the UK and decided to travel with Eurostar. The whole stay in belguim flew past and the surgery was a breeze (for me at least!). Because I had pretty thin donor hair on the sides it was hard to extract a huge amount and go for a really ambitious hairline. We agreed on a fairly conservative hairline and to thicken up the sides and behind the hairline with approx 2000 FUE grafts (as I really didnt want a strip scar because I have my hair short from time to time). I am currently 4 months post op and have posted pics of immediately after the surgery. I will endevour to get some updated ones on soon. I realise the ones I put on dont help to much, and new ones are on the way.

For the first month after surgery the transplanted grafts stayed put and grew slightly, I would say they were all shed by the 6 week point but I didnt experience any shock loss (I dreaded that the most!). I am now at 4 months and I believe the growth started about the 3 month point. Im not getting impatient as I realise it can take a long time and varies massivly between individuals. I shall post 4 month pics soon. The donor area healed extremely well and everyone at the clinic helped with advice on how to care for both the donor and the recepient after surgery.

Overall the exerience was better than I could have hoped for, and belive me having paid the money and sacrificed so much for it I would not lie about this! Its just a case of waiting now for the growth to come along. I would say the Donor area looks 100% the same as before the op, thats at a grade 2-3. I am very impressed and happy with this. The recepient is around the same as before with some new hairs popping through. I have fair hair so its hard to see some of the new ones! I am in contact with the clinic and they are very helpfull in answering any questions etc. They have a consultant dedicated to UK patients which is extremly helpfull.

Like I say any questions just ask.... Cheers

Just before I go, I must add I had a consultation with a british company about 2 years ago, and before I educated myself with hair transplantation properly. All I can say is thank the lord for internet!!!

Attachments

• Day 1.JPG
    Day 1.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 3,052
Last edited:
L

lagalaxy

Valued member
Cant seem to add more than one pic!

Attachments

• final donor before.JPG
    final donor before.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 3,006
L

lagalaxy

Valued member
And finaly! More updates soon, any questions please ask.

Attachments

• final rec before.JPG
    final rec before.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 3,191
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lagalaxy.

Welcome to the forum.

I`m pleased you had a great experience at BHR,could you ask them to post your surgery pictures on this thread please.

Your donor does look very fine on the sides which will limit the amount of grafts that were harvested as you know.I`ll look forward to following your progress.

Cheers bm.

L

lagalaxy

Valued member
Hi. As discreet as the surgery pics may be I would prefer to show only the ones I have edited mate, sorry. These are the best of what I have, i'll get some updated ones sorted soon.

M

martinvain

Valued member
Hi lagalaxy,

I intend to commit to a 2000 FUE surgery with BHR this year also and have been to Brussels for a consultation. I see that you also live in the UK and took the Eurostar. What is security like when travelling with Eurostar i.e. were you asked to remove your bandana or hat covering your surgery?

This is something that I would rather not have to deal with and is likely to be requested of me if travelling by aeroplane. That said if it has to be done then so be it.

Also how long post surgery did it take for the redness in the donor and recipient to subside?

I hope you grow well.

Cheers.

Last edited:
L

lagalaxy

Valued member
Hi mate. I was also concerned by the fact I may have to reveal my surgery at secuirity and this was a major factor in me going for the eurostar. I wore a bandana on the way back and was not asked to take it off. Also the doc gave me a letter expressing the necessity to keep the bandana on should someone ask for it to be taken off (im guessing if they really had to see your head they would read this note and take you into a private booth). Also the eurostar was similar in price to flying and its just over two hours from london - brussels.

As far as the redness I would say it was almost unoticable under daylight after 3 weeks however if you want to see it under certain bright lighting you can. But honestly, after 3 weeks the donor hair grew back and disguised any remaining redness. I used a light concealer on my recepient (mane spray) but when I had none on it was'nt very noticable at all, but then I did have the work done into existing hair which probably helped.

If you are thinking aboiut returning to work and for it to be unoticable, then just to be 100% safe id go for 4 weeks off, however 2 weeks would be my minimum recomendation. I took msm to speed hair regrowth as advised by the UK patient advisor (very sound bloke) and it seemed to work well.

any more questions, just ask.

J

JJ09

Hi lagalaxy, over how many days was this procedure performed?

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi lagalaxy

Glad all is going well for you. Pleasure having you with us and look forward to the growth and updates. Speak soon.

Stephen

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
lagalaxy wrote:
Hi. As discreet as the surgery pics may be I would prefer to show only the ones I have edited mate, sorry. These are the best of what I have, i'll get some updated ones sorted soon.

No problem,i know some people are concerned that they may be recognized if the pictures show too much.

I`ll look forward to following your progress.

Thanks bm.

M

martinvain

Valued member
Hi lagalaxy,

Do you have any updates given you are 5 months out?