• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2000 FUE With Dr Edward Ball and his team at the Maitland Clinic

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It's looking great Tom Tom, at such an early stage too. Being able to style your hair again will give you a huge confidence boost. It's only going to get better too.
Thanks for the update.
Cheers Bm.

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
TomTom,
We really appreciate the progress pictures. Looks like the fun part of HT is beginning. Very happy for you. 6mos evaluation will be coming up shortly. We'll make arrangements with you to get pics at the clinic.
Janna

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Tom Tom

That is taking shape nicely now what a difference already from were you started and your not even halfway their yet great stuff mate and thanks for sharing with us .
have a Great Sunday

Dazz

T

TomTom

Valued member
So, I am writing this a little over two years after my procedure, I have probably left a longer period to post than just about any other member on this forum. Apologies but have been hugely busy.
I keep trying to make an appointment to see the guys at the clinic but my timetable keeps making it difficult. (I promise I will come and see you soon and say Hi).
Very shortly after I had the procedure, I almost forgot all about having the procedure, and everything I was thinking & feeling before I did. I am happy with the result, I don €™t think at this stage I need to any further procedures, although it wouldn €™t surprise me if in five to ten years €™ time I may need to, & if I do, I will go back to the same Doctor.

I can honestly say that they were the most professional group of people I have had the pleasure of dealing with.
As this forum is all about €˜experiences €™, what else can I say; Well apart from being entirely complimentary about the team who carried out the procedure €“ who I wholeheartedly recommend, my advice, based only on my experience is this:
Firstly - Do your research, meet as many different doctors in as many places as you feel comfortable with and is practical logistically, take time & read reviews. Finally, when you meet the Doctor you feel is most suited to work on you, & when you are good & ready €¦ Go for it & get it done.
Always make sure that your objectives are realistic, don €™t expect to look like a 16-year-old again, you won €™t.
Once you have had the procedure done, don €™t obsess too much about it, just get on with your life, focus on something important, not connected to Hair, find something that makes you happy, keep healthy, eat well & get on with life.. Relax & let the slow (but hopefully) sure results start filter through. I believe that the less time you spend looking at yourself in the mirror, the better €“ just know it will all take a little time.
What I found really interesting was that only a short while after having the procedure, I forgot I needed it in the first place.

All that said, I was that person looking in the mirror daily, mortified by the slow march away of my once lovely follicles, as they slowly deserted me, & receded to an invisible world. Yup I was quite obsessed with getting it sorted, & constantly feeling down about it all €“ It was not great fun. I think it is safe to assume anyone reading this is likely to be doing so because you either currently relate to this now, or once did.
I €™m happy with my results, and my advice is only based on my current experience, & just an honest summary of my present thoughts.
I am unlikely to post further comments on this forum, although if I have another procedure in in the future I will. So, who knows I may spring up again in a few years €™ time.

Ultimately, for me it has been a possitive experience, and 2 years down the line I €™m happy happy with the result, it looks very natural, I achieved what I wanted to. I highly recommend Dr Ball & his team. Go & see these guys for a consultation.
I met as many Doctors as I could, and (I will not name names) I had initially specifically wanted to see one particular Doctor, in fact he was the first that I met, but upon meeting him I was 100% sure he was not for me. I actually met Dr Ball quite sometime later €“ but was sure when I met him that he was the correct Doctor for me €¦ So, there you go, spend a little time!
My decision of who to go with was based on what I felt to be the integrity / honesty, openness, experience, & creative skill of the person I met, for me my decision was correct.
I hope this brief €˜journal €™ has been of some help to whoever reads it, if you would like me to answer any questions, please personal message me & I will reply. (albeit a possibly delayed response)
Thank you.
TomTom

Attachments

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Hi tomtom,
Your hair is looking marvellous and we so appreciate you taking the time out of your hectic schedule to update us. It is really easy to go about your life when you're happy with your ht result. We are still looking forward to catching up with you in person when you get the chance. ;)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tom Tom.
Thanks go popping back on to update.
Your hair looks great. Glad you're happy and that your whole experience was very positive.
All the best.
Bm.

scepticsausage

scepticsausage

Hello Tom,
Just read your thread and the outcome you have achieved is phenomenal. ¬b`
What has the reaction from your friends, colleagues and family been like?