• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2507 grafts strip by dr bisanga

R

Ronald

This is my ht made 2 years ago by dr bisanga. 2253 f.u. were placed on my temples and hair line. 254 on my old scar.

PRE

01.jpg
03.jpg
05.jpg

06.jpg

OPERATION

07.jpg
08.jpg
11.jpg

GRAFTS ON OLD SCAR

14.jpg

SUTURE OF LEFT NEW SCAR

15.jpg

SCARS AT 7 MONTHS

post-2415047-1198410971.jpg

post-2415047-1198238435.jpg

AFTER 2 YEARS

tndscf1236.jpg
tndscf1237b.jpg

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Roland

It looks like natural growth from the placement, are you on meds as you may have lost more native hair since your surgery.Also what was your previous surgery before going to Dr Bisanga as it looks like from the pictures you had to have some old plugs removed and all the work was in the hairline area.

Your scar is looking better with the exception of the small are that appears to have stretched,this can happen when excising out old scars as the previous surgery already done the damage.

Who was the doctor who done your previous surgery.

Take care bm.

R

Ronald

the scars that you see are both made on this operation, my old scar was not repaired but covered with some f.u., but they didn't regrowth. Also a lot of f.u. placed on my temples didn't regrowth as you can see from the pictures.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Growth into a previously transplanted area can be affected due to the prior work.

Your transplanted hair does look like it has grown in your temple area.Your hair is longer and covers the area in the pictures.

What about the meds,are you taking any and do you think you`ve experienced more hairloss since your surgery.

Are you happy so far with your result.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Ronald,

The prior work obviously has affected things in this case. Very natural looking and no evidence whatsoever of the old plugs. This is always the key in corrective cases. Likely a lot of thought was put into your case as it is not easy considering the prior poor work needing both removal of plugs and FUE into scar. They are always so much more challenging than a virgin scalp.

Probably lucky the scar wasn't worse and only is located in a couple of areas. Obviously the prior was really bad as it needed FUE to hide. Keep in mind that it is very difficult to not have the scar stretch slightly since you had prior poor work. In my opinion things are actually not too bad. There are some much worse examples on this forum and others trust me.

Glad you found this forum and such a top doc to correct your prior work.

NN

R

Ronald

you don't consider that they put 2253 on my temples and they still look very thin. I saw a lot of repair works in wich the regrowth was full, so I think this is only an excuse. I'm not happy of this work, the photos are better than reality, if you see me in person you can see all the plugs, they are not covered by this poor regrowth.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ronald,are you on meds,i`m trying to find out from you possible causes but you dont answer my questions.

You aren`t happy.

Have you contacted Dr Bisanga as you need to go see him and let him check you out.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Actually I can't see any evidence of old plugs at all. Also, it is clear that you have lost more native hair since the surgery. Boy you are lucky that they didn't dense pack the hairline more. Clearly they planted approx. 1 1/2 cm and your left temple where hair is thinner extends about 3 1/2 cm. There would have been a big gap if they planted more dense since you have lost more native hair in that region. It would have been dense/thin/dense.

Also the scar stretching is due to old work. I can show you an example of a massive deforming scar on a virgin scalp where the skin actually died due to infection and lost blood supply. I will get you the link when I post to all other forums.

I guess we all have certain expectations. If you are not happy you should contact the doctor as I know that they would be concerned.

Sure glad you found this forum where all of us can help you out.

NN

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Slightly similar case to IrishRover's correct me if I €™m wrong, in that the yield from the repair/subsequent procedure is not as expected by the patient or probably not BHR either. Maybe we can get BHR €™s perspective in relation to your case. It €™s hard to tell if you have lost anymore native hair from the photos, but if you have I can €™t see that it has been considerable if you have, but that €™s purely speculative as it €™s hard to gauge from the photos. I suppose in all honestly if I had the same hair loss and the same result I would be gutted too. I suppose the fact that you saw a lot of repair works in which the re-growth was full, is only going to add to your frustration, as you anticipated the same result and when you are a prospective patient evidently to some degree you look at similar cases to see how their repair work turned out. It seems that the previous work MAY have compromised your subsequent procedure with BHR. However, that €™s of no consolation to you, I feel for you man, I hope you can find resolution to your predicament, all the best.

R

Ronald

I didn't lose my native hair, if you think this is because in the pre photos hair were long, in the post they were short.
Nervousnelly, the fact is that a lot of grafts didn't growth, because 2300 fu have to cover a lot more than in my pictures. They dense packed but it didn't grow, this is different than what you said.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ronald

Have you contacted Dr Bisanga to get his opinion

If so what did he say.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ronald

This is the best thing you can do ,either visit them or they visit you and see what the doc says.

You are lucky that your doctor is top notch and will do everything he can to help you resolve your concerns.

Others like myself got no help whatsoever from their doctor/clinic when they had concerns.

Take care bm.

R

Ronald

Good, I believe in you. I'll be in Amsterdam during the ishrs meeting in july. I think it's a good idea to meet there. I'm waiting an answer from Philb.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ronald

Hopefully Phil will see this thread and reply to you.

I`ll be at the Amsterdam meeting too,be good to meet you there.

bm.

P

Philb

Ronald came to us over a year ago with his concerns and asked for a refund on the procedure he had with us, over a year ago we agreed in principle to his refund request, this was after an assessment by the doctor in person and his concerns and criticisms were found to be legitimate; he has been contacted in private.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Phil

Its good to hear that you`ve been in contact with the patient and have offered to see him to resolve his concerns.

Hopefully Ronald can meet up either in Amsterdam or Brussels.

Thanks for letting us know.

bm.

R

Ronald

unfortunately dr bisanga will not go to ishrs meeting in amsterdam. I know that dr emorane lupanzula is member of ishrs, philb do you know if he will be at meeting? dr lupanzula operated me with dr bisanga.

N

NW5a

Valued member
Hi Ronald,

it looks not very dense. The postop Pics look like the docs made dense packing. Did u have any problems with the recipient area in the first month after surgery ?

Good luck