• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

3 months post op

C

Ches

Hi,

I went to Istanbul and had 2600 grafts on the 2nd jan 2019. It is now 3 months later and the temple sides are looking short even though the middle has grown. I am slightly worried it wont fill up and match the middle. The front sides have tiny hairs but not a much to cover.

Any help would be appreciated

. E390F70F-30B8-434F-800D-A3ACD00FEB49.jpegpre op

07BA9D0C-96AF-4578-AEF9-0E658EA93C66.jpeg 2600 grafts
4B1045C0-F44C-450A-BC50-083133A98749.jpegBefore it shedded
F3775023-C1CD-4008-A798-38F22F3E6C98.jpeg2 months
FE5581AC-0977-4CF6-9FED-359C736FE70A.jpeg2 months
BBBEC8D3-F1E6-41AB-8E4E-82E425EE2F73.jpeg3 months
75A7803D-875F-4290-9646-EDCD43B31F85.jpeg3 months

Shera

Shera

At 3 months you should expect practically zero growth. You should within the next few weeks start seeing tiny hairs sprouting out. In most patients growth only really starts from month 4 onwards.

This should have been made clear to you by your clinic or clinic rep.

You do seem to have a lot of native hair so in my opinion you should also consider going down the medical route with Finasteride and Minoxidil to sustain/recover your native hair. This along with your implanted grafts if they grow out properly will give you the best aesthetic result.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Patience is the key with hair transplants. It's tempting to scrutinise it almost microscopically every day, but really, you've just got to sit back and let it do its thing. It's common in the early stages for growth to appear at different rates in different areas so I wouldn't worry too much at such an early stage.

I agree with Shera in that you do have a good amount of native hair worth saving so it's good advice to look into meds to slow or even halt your hair loss.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hi Ches welcome to the forum, Hair transplants can be a real roller coaster of a ride in terms of emotions and patience really is the key as the guys have said. The good thing for you is your coming to the end of what i think is the worst stage of a HT and your nearing the exiting part. I know every one is different in terms of growth but for me the best months in terms of growth were months 5 through to month 7 so it's still very early indeed.

You will likely get some growth over the next few months so it's going to be exiting but don't expect too much too soon as it's a slow process dude and everyone gets there in the end.

Pete makes a good point about how tempting it is to scrutinize every day and believe me for my first HT i did just that and it actually got me feeling pretty low at one point as ill be honest i hoped for too much too soon. When things really did start happening it was amazing and i was overjoyed..... i made sure that i didn't scrutinize daily on my next HT dude.

Hope that helps.

please keep us updated;)

C

Ches

I can agree with you that it has been a test of my character in the first 3months with my emotions. I am looking forward to seeing growth now that I have come out the other end. I just hope it was worth it all. Appreciate all your help guys I feel better after reading your comments :)

Felixe

Felixe

valued member
Transplanted hair usually grows at different stages, one area side may grow faster than the other.

C

Ches

Hi Ches welcome to the forum, Hair transplants can be a real roller coaster of a ride in terms of emotions and patience really is the key as the guys have said. The good thing for you is your coming to the end of what i think is the worst stage of a HT and your nearing the exiting part. I know every one is different in terms of growth but for me the best months in terms of growth were months 5 through to month 7 so it's still very early indeed.

You will likely get some growth over the next few months so it's going to be exiting but don't expect too much too soon as it's a slow process dude and everyone gets there in the end.

Pete makes a good point about how tempting it is to scrutinize every day and believe me for my first HT i did just that and it actually got me feeling pretty low at one point as ill be honest i hoped for too much too soon. When things really did start happening it was amazing and i was overjoyed..... i made sure that i didn't scrutinize daily on my next HT dude.

Hope that helps.

please keep us updated;)

It’s hard not to look in the mirror everyday and feel a bit low because it knocks your confidence and you start to regret ever having it done.

You said when things started happening you was overjoyed, does this mean that you woke up one day and lots of hair had grown ?

Mine are all small and Im worried they didn’t implant lots in the side areas at the front of my forehead.

F

FUE3800Graftshead

Do you need to take medicine in order to save your native hair from further loss (due to the operation, as opposed to natural loss)?

I heard that you lose some native hair post operation, is this true???

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
In my experience medications have prevented or slowed right down further hair loss.