• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

3900 FUE by Dr. De Reys at Prohairclinic Belgium

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Bummer about things. I really would have guessed that you would be ok after 1 month. Amazing how we are all so different. I lost redness after 4 days. Sorry to rub it in but it is true. I guess the main thing is that no one has commented anything to you so possibly they don't care or it is not noticeable like you think. At least very shortly you'll have hair.:)

NN

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
sim0oo

Hi,

For some of us the redness seems to take ages to vanish...

We are all different.... many people would never guess you have had an HT... and those that do probably only know because they have researched or have had an HT themselves...

I had a real hard time post-op.. took ages to get back to normal... from experience its a bad time... but time goes so fast that it will all be worth it in the end..

As suggested above... if you are asked just make up an excuse... :)

Tim

S

sim0oo

Valued member
timuk wrote: [/b]
We are all different.... many people would never guess you have had an HT... and those that do probably only know because they have researched or have had an HT themselves...
Timuk, you are right. They might think there's something but they don't know what. But let's see how I will survive from my official dinner with a crowd of medical doctors next week. In there I can not use any excuses if someone asks...

Here's the pictures taken on this week:
Week 5

The first picture is taken after make up and it will cover it quite well. Anyhow on my opinion it can be seen that there's something weird on my hair, specially if looking it from short distance.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Are you applying anything to try and reduce the redness.What did Prohair recommend that you use for your post op aftercare.

Also it looks quite well concealed,is that Dermmatch you have used.

bm.

S

sim0oo

Valued member
It's just ordinary make up with a little bit of Toppik. Prohairclinic offered aloe vera spray at the beginning and also mentioned later that cortisone cream might help for the redness. I have been using very light cortisone cream (1%) for almost two weeks now, but I can not see if that has been helped at all. Of course I have been using aloe vera every day.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sim0oo.

I dont know if there is much more you can do to reduce the redness,everyone heals differently and for some the redness can linger for lots of months.

Hopefully you can pull the concealer look off but i wiould try dermmatch as that has good reviews for concealing the scalp when not much hair is present.

bm.

U

UK Chap

What is the average time span for the redness to go?

Chappers.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
It really varies but I think that for most it is gone in about 3 weeks.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yea it still looks the same,not much change yet.

bm.

S

sim0oo

Valued member
I asked from Prohairclinic by mail about my redness. They mentioned that cortisone creme will take care of the redness faster, but it may also affect the transplants so they didn't suggest to use it. Anyhow I did use very mild cortisone creme for a couple of weeks, but on my opinion it didn't help at all as you have seen on the pictures.

Now it has been over seven weeks of my operation and I can't wait when new hairs start growing.

Here's the pictures from week 7.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sim0oo

Did Pro hair say why the cream may affect the grafts.

bm.

S

sim0oo

Valued member
Bigmac wrote:
Did Pro hair say why the cream may affect the grafts.
No they didn't. I have read from the package of the cortisone cream that if using it continously for weeks, it might cause skin thinning.

Now it's over two months I had the operation. The recipient area is still red and I think there's nothing I can do. Prohairclinic adviced to not use minoxidil on the recipient area, so I have been using Rogaine Foam only for other areas. Rogaine Foam should contain less alcohol than other products and it does not make my scalp dry and itchy like the others I have been using earlier.

Last couple of weeks I have had a pimples all over the recipient area and if I look very closely, there is a lot of short and thin hairs. Should that be a good sign of growing?

Pictures from week 9

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The redness does seem to be lasting a while for you,has your native hair regrown as its hard to tell.

bm.

S

sim0oo

Valued member
And here comes the week 11 update:
Week 11

The redness is still on the same level than couple weeks ago, but I think I have thicker hair now (or is it just a flash which makes that illusion?).
I took some photos of the donor area too, but there's nothing to see
smile.gif

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Still looks the same Simoo0.

I guess you are one where the redness lingers for longer than usual.

Hopefullly soon it will vanish.

Thanks for keeping a detaailed update on your progress.

bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Pretty strange. I have never seen some one linger with redness for so long. Obviously your scalp is more sensitive than most. Oh well. A few more months and lots of hair and it will no longer be a concern. Not sure about the hair being thicker. Hard to say.

NN

S

sim0oo

Valued member
Now it has been little bit over 3 months of the operation and it seems the redness is finally fading away. Hopefully there will be a lot of growth on upcoming months!

Week 14 pictures

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Simoo0,its looking much better now.Hopefully the redness will vanish altogether soon and you`ll experience some nice early growth.

Thanks for the update.

bm.