• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

a couple of questions

more

more

Valued member
the first pic i seem to be growing what appears to be extremely curly hair. i have never grown curly hairs on my head before. any one have any thoughts on that?

the second pic is my incision line update. i'm a little concerned about the redness. my question is... should i be concerned? should i request a early followup wityh my Dr.
thanks

DSC00785.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The little curly hairs are fine,nothing to worry about.As for your scar,it looks like you have some shockloss whick should grow back soon and you have a little Folliculitis i think,again nothing to worry about.Just apply a warm damp cloth to the area of redness in your scar.

Search Folliculitis on here as theres a topic on it.

I moved your post to this section.

Take care bm.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
The redness will fade, but it can take very very long.

As for the curly grafts I have seen this before. My theory is that grafts are sometimes pushed into the slits with force and make them bend at the bulb. This could explain the curly growth.
As stated, this is just my opinion, maybe there are other explanations.

Spex

Its all good mate. This can happen and all normal at the very early stages. A warm flannel as BM mentioned will help soften the skin. Also you could try some Aloe Vera gel to help sooth and take some redness out of the scar. Safe to use and may help. The redness will fade but takes time(several months)

Regards

Spex

more

more

Valued member
thanks for the reassurance... so basically later the hair will begin to grow straight?

also is it normal to grow just a couple hairs at a time, i guess i was expecting them to all come at one time.

Spex

Individual hairs are all in their own individual cycle. It would be impossible for them all to come in at exactly the same time. The hairs will need to go through a cycle or two before straightening out, this takes time.

See this as a positive that growth has started early at only 2 months:::C

B

Bastion

Ingrown hairs popping out... they will straighten out over time.

more

more

Valued member
it took about 4-5 months before it was all back to normal. i think these were just ingrown hairs causing the irritation

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear all is ok now,how is the donor scar looking.

T

Tiberius

I`d like to see how the scar looks now if you would be so kind and post a picture.