• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

"Acell " to be or not to be .....that IS the question

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
Over the past few weeks I've started researching the new ACell treatment that several are considering a medical breakthrough for skin and scar regeneration. After contacting the company, Doc Cole, Doc Cooley and several others working on the concept I found the following: The only Doc's actually working hand in hand with the ACell company at this time is Jerry Cooley and Hitzig. Cole is just using it as a test treatment and does not have much in line of actual achievements as of yet...He only started using it in January 2010....His personal vies is that he's not to hope full in its cloning hair capabilities but is willing to try it on scar tissue regeneration... Now Hitzig in my opinion is nothing but a butcher AND NOTHING LESS regardless of his input on the subject....I feel he is just using this concept to lure more young guys to his table as I'm sure his reputation has started to lead many people away from his clinic......I personally feel this way for 2 reasons.....1) Hitzig's Long Island medical organization is the reason for all my scars and T-plant misfortunes due to his so called patented linier punch tools.....most if not all the grafts sunk and pitted in my extremely low at the time hairline...(1996).......2) knowing a little about his practice first hand I know all to well he HAS USED underhanded and misleading information in the past...... He is also in 2010 STILL USING PUNCH GRAFTS in his work! As for Cooley.....I spoke with his assistant a few days ago and said he will be posing his 1.5 year research on the subject in the upcoming October hair transplant seminar being held in Boston She said they have been seeing some remarkable things with scar treatments......the treatments however for hair cloning is still not applicable yet...... ACell's company in itself really is working toward the goal of tissue regeneration of body parts that may indeed include skin scar regeneration....... I will be patiently waiting for the 1.5 year update coming out in October for its credible or not so creditable treatment results.......Anyone have updated results?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear that you`ve had poor HT experiences and now need to rectify the situation.I hope you can find a solution,feel free to share any pictures of your present situation as it will help others.

As for Acell,i`d be very interested in hearing Dr Cooleys findings as it does look promising for scar tissue.

Take care bm.

S

SemperFi

Valued member
Emmm, OP... would you mind using some paragraphs? Or other basic styling rules like one dot per sentence?

Because it's REALLY hard to read what you wrote and this is your second thread I decided to simply skip, because I really don't feel like going through all this bush of letters...

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
Oh by the way Cooley is also offering a Plucking technique that ifeel is about 75% or so according to what he showed me in his research.

So out of 100 plucked/tweezed hairs 75 or so should grow (But there is no guarantee's)

The plucking technique is one that just plucks out a hair and bathes it with Acell then plants the plucked hair into a scar and if results prove to be consistent it will regenerate the follicle

He offered this to me for a trial price that I feel is somewhat high being that its just plucking and not FUE'ing the hair along with it being a trial

HOWEVER.....I feel if i could get a group of people on board with this test I could talk him down to a more reasonable price for all of us....

Its not crazy expensive but enough that if you wanted to really try to build up the density in a scar it would cost to much

The only draw back is that it will as of now only produce a single hair graph It wont generate a follicular unit at least not yet...

So if anyone is interested in being in this group please contact me in person...

Thanks

M

Mountain

Valued member
I'm more curious about what A-Cell could do to prevent or minimize a strip scar.

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
Well to my knowledge it can be used after a strip to enhance the final result but he has no documented cases yet.....If that was the case i would get a revision using it

He however felt better using the plucking technique instead at this point in time for most scars...

not to say in the future it wont work its just a really new treatment and i think he's being cautious

For more info about the group contact me at any time

Thanks

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Can you share the findings of the group trial on here.

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
I'm a member of 3 different groups and would love to share my experiences and findings with all

However I have not found 1 single person that's interested in this ground breaking research group yet!

I feel if i could get a small group together we may be able to get a better feel for the research and not to mention a better price.

A scar revision may not be the best tactic in my case as the scar is very high though i would love to remove it and use Acell to try and get a tight close. But for now Cooley wants to try the plucking technique

I also have about 20-25 small FUE size pits in my lower hairline along with about 35 or so more throughout my top 1/3 from the Hitzig punch tool back in 97

So i will try several small test removals first to see the actual results from Acell

But with more people I think we could go in as a group for a much more accurate evaluation

Can you help?

G

Gouldman

How much is the treatment? where will the treatment take place? where can these groups be found?

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
I'm personally trying to start the group..... The treatments would be in North Carolina..as far as price each technique is different but for the plucking technique he stated about $10.00 per ......

Since its new and experimental I feel he may just be gauging the final pricing.....

G

Gouldman

Unfortunately its the other side of the world for myself, good luck starting your group.

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
Doing the Acell test at the end of Sept 2010 .....Testing it on a few FUE white dots along with adding hairs to a few others including my scar with the plucking method..

But its just a small test ........However if it works I will add several hundred more slowley over a few sessions along with trying to remove and deminish some pitting

Hopefully it will work to regenerate a few spots of damaged skin.....