• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Advice for choosing a Clinic, particularly Turkey

M

Maximus1986

Hey guys, so I thought I'd share my experiences to help all of you guys researching clinics, particularly in Turkey. I know this is a complete minefield, and has to be one of the hardest things I've ever researched in my life. I believe there are fake posts, fake reviews, even fake pictures online, so you have to be very careful and smart when researching. You cannot research too much on this subject, take your time and be wise. Use as many sources as you can, including a range of forums, search engines and also YouTube. There are many YouTube channels available, and also people who have been through the procedure and created their own blogs. When choosing a clinic, there are many important factors to consider, and you need to decide what's most important for you and to suit your budget. A hair transplant is really not something that should be done on a budget though, and is a huge decision in your life. Learn all you can about the procedure first, and some of the variables that you may encounter. Then, create a series of questions you want to be asking your clinic. Try to create a shortlist, even if it's 10 clinics. Bare in mind there are almost 1000 in Istanbul I am told. Ask each clinic these questions and get a feel for their work, and if you trust the reps you're speaking to. I narrowed it down to about 8 or 9 clinics, then made a simple comparison chart with all the key factors (graft number, cost etc)... (bit geeky I know, but as I say it's a big decision), and then considered other things that were important, for example solution follicles are kept in, type of blades, where the Dr is registered, how much involvement the Dr has etc. Avoid hair mills full of nurses/technicians. I'm not saying that they don't produce good results, because some really do but you need luck, there isn't consistency. The most important part of the procedure, and the artistic part is the inscisions/opening of the channels. It's important this is done by a doctor. Extraction is also important, as you don't want follicles damaged or wasted, your donor is precious.
Another piece of advice I was given was to ensure that your chosen Dr operates in a hospital. I believe this is only incase anything should go wrong (heaven forbid).
Try to identify people who have been through it already, or personal experiences with particular clinics. I managed to get a number of people together through various forums, and we ended up getting 7 of us together in a WhatsApp group all with Dr Demirsoy. This communication was invaluable.
So I narrowed it down, and ended up going with Dr Demirsoy 10 days ago, having just short of 2,900 grafts FUE. I would have liked more grafts for my hairloss, but Dr Demirsoy is a conservative Dr, and will always think about your future.
Using Dr Demirsoy kind of goes against my own advice, as he doesn't operate in a hospital, but a private clinic. I decided to take the risk myself.
The reasons I selected Dr Demirsoy are as follows:
He does the majority of the procedure himself.
He's fairly reasonably priced, good value for money (€1.25/graft).
He's a reputable doctor with a lot of experience.
Their results look good.
Lots of detailed write ups and reviews on several forums.
Their assistant/rep Muzaffer has been brilliant, and is trustworthy.
I couldn't find any bad reviews or results.
There's a fair waiting list which gave me confidence that it's a popular choice.

Now I'm not saying that you have to choose Dr Demirsoy. Do your own research, and work out what is best for you.

I don't wish to name drop runners up, though Cosmedica came very close. However here are some reasons I didn't choose some on my shortlist:

Pushy reps.
Too expensive.
Unsure of the truth/legitimacy of reviews
Too many patients/day
Poor/negative reviews online - unfortunately once you've read these, you can't un-read them.

I hope this helps a lot of you who are currently in the position I once was.

I will try to write more about my experience soon, and post some pictures, but no complaints so far. Obviously it's far too early to speak on the results, this will take up to 10/12 months.

Good luck guys.

M

Malik

I nearly booked with a company called Clinic Center in Istanbul but I strongly believe they have loads of fake trustpilot reviews.
your post raises some valuable points that I’ll take onboard if I get a hair transplant.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
I went with cosmedica and had a great experience....really did. waiting on the result so time will tell but I am optimistic from the results I've seen, but not naive enough to think its a given

Does Demiseroy do the extractions or the techs?

Cheers

Tom

M

Maximus1986

I nearly booked with a company called Clinic Center in Istanbul but I strongly believe they have loads of fake trustpilot reviews.
your post raises some valuable points that I’ll take onboard if I get a hair transplant.
Wise choice, I hope my post helps to guide yourself and others.
Be careful when Googling. The amount of times I typed in 'best hair transplant in Turkey' and so many sponsored ads come up, all claiming to be the best, with 4.9/5 and thousands of reviews. I picked one company, Clinmedica to research out of these. I requested a consultation, but couldn't find anything on these on forums or anything. After this, they WOULD NOT leave me alone. I ended up blocking the number and they contacted me off a different one. I quickly came to the conclusion that if they're that good, why are they so desperate for my business?

M

Maximus1986

I went with cosmedica and had a great experience....really did. waiting on the result so time will tell but I am optimistic from the results I've seen, but not naive enough to think its a given

Does Demiseroy do the extractions or the techs?

Cheers

Tom
Hi Tommy, yes we spoke by PM. Good luck with your journey!

Yes Dr Demirsoy does the planning, extractions and incisions. The nurses place the grafts and do anasthetic. As said also, just one patient per day.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
That sounds very detailed and very hands on by the doc...…..The techs did my extractions and the doc placed the grafts. He is very cheap for one patient per day I must say. Well done on your research!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
When you look at results, ask to see them with the hairlines exposed, not combed forward. You’d be surprised how many people have a pluggy hairline that restricts how they can style their hair. This goes for all clinics, all countries.

M

Maximus1986

When you look at results, ask to see them with the hairlines exposed, not combed forward. You’d be surprised how many people have a pluggy hairline that restricts how they can style their hair. This goes for all clinics, all countries.
That's a very good point Bigmac. It's important to see high resolution close ups of the front line. It's important to place single hair grafts in the very front line, and build density behind with doubles and triples for a natural look.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that is correct. Some people are just happy to have hair, from being bald to suddenly having a hairline, albeit it`s combed forward, they are satisfied. People who do their research know the important factors you mention.
The number of images I see on social sites from people posting pictures that don`t show the true result is phenomenal. Any, good to hear you`re doing your research.

Fortes Clinic

Fortes Clinic

Hi, you can search on internet and find best hair transplant.

C

cct

hi bigmac I'm currently looking in to 2 which are cosmedica and fuecapliar, cosmedicas results look very good the only down side is people mention they are like most clinics doing near 10 surgeries a day and dr acar only does the incisions and the techs do the rest my concern with that is I'm worried id have a new tech as you never know who your going to get, the other fue capilar looks good and a lot of people are saying very good things about the dr which use to work at cosmedica and he actually on does one surgery a day and he does the whole process

T

Todd

hi bigmac I'm currently looking in to 2 which are cosmedica and fuecapliar, cosmedicas results look very good the only down side is people mention they are like most clinics doing near 10 surgeries a day and dr acar only does the incisions and the techs do the rest my concern with that is I'm worried id have a new tech as you never know who your going to get, the other fue capilar looks good and a lot of people are saying very good things about the dr which use to work at cosmedica and he actually on does one surgery a day and he does the whole process

Is there a way you can check out the credentials of the hair technicians that do your hair transplant?

K

k-dog

Does anyone have any information on Dr Koray Erdogan in Turkey at the Asmed clinic? Has anyone been and had work done here?

A

Akhenatontr

I advise you Now Hair Time Bahadır İmer, M.D., was awarded the title “Medical Practitioner” after he was graduated from Cerrahpaşa School of Medicine. Following specialty education in the department of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery in Marmara School of Medicine for 6 years, he entitled to act as a surgeon in 2011.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member

Let us know how you get on. I looked on Cosmedica website. They have the option of having the doctor do the surgery for a higher fee.

J

Jpeep

Anyone had any experience with Clinicana? I can’t seem to find much about them on any forums like these and I have a friend who went and his results are great. But, I’m worried that it was just a matter of luck. I’ve been researching for almost a year and almost ready to book. At the moment thinking about Dr Yaman, Clinicana or potentially Dr Bruno Ferreira. Anyone have any solid recommendations? It all seems so hard to really land on a solid choice.

Thanks in advance

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve not heard much about Clinicana. I took a look at their site, not many results on there. They claim the doctor was trained in hair restoration in Europe and the USA but does not name a single place. They may be good, they may not. It is a risky choice if you ask me.
Dr Bruno does good work, I`ve met a few patients whose results were good. He has good ethics too.

Hope that helps.

J

Jpeep

T
I`ve not heard much about Clinicana. I took a look at their site, not many results on there. They claim the doctor was trained in hair restoration in Europe and the USA but does not name a single place. They may be good, they may not. It is a risky choice if you ask me.
Dr Bruno does good work, I`ve met a few patients whose results were good. He has good ethics too.

Hope that helps.
thanks a mill Big Mac. I’ve done a tone of research on the doctor and doesn’t really show up much.

I’m now considering Dr Yavuz or Dr Turan. Any thoughts? I’ve got a fair few local docs here in Toronto that I’m also reaching out to. Will keep you posted but appreciate your quick response!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I have taken a look at Dr Yavuz`s website. Again, no results for someone who claims to have done 5000 hair transplants. I was not impressed when I saw the rubbish BBC documentary that showed his clinic. He makes some silly claims about how Sapphire blades are better than steel. Read up on Dr Jerry Wong.
Dr Turan's website is better with more patient examples which are a plus but you have to remember, every clinic puts up their best pictures. Out of those two with limited research, I would choose Turan.
I say limited research because you need to do a lot of research on any clinic before deciding.
Who are you considering in Toronto?

K

k-dog

I advise you Now Hair Time Bahadır İmer, M.D., was awarded the title “Medical Practitioner” after he was graduated from Cerrahpaşa School of Medicine. Following specialty education in the department of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery in Marmara School of Medicine for 6 years, he entitled to act as a surgeon in 2011.
Okay thanks for the information.