• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Advice for choosing a Clinic, particularly Turkey

J

jack89

Has anyone had any experience or heard much about getfue.com dr ayhan colak? A friend had his hair with him and had good results but i cant seem to find much about them. Im looking to have a transplant end of july-ish but really struggling to find someone. Any help recommending others is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

S

solidsn2004

Has anyone had any experience or heard much about getfue.com dr ayhan colak? A friend had his hair with him and had good results but i cant seem to find much about them. Im looking to have a transplant end of july-ish but really struggling to find someone. Any help recommending others is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi jack89, how has your research been? I am also looking to do a hair transplant this summer and I was wondering if you had more insights with getfue clinic. Any other alternatives you are considering or you have decided already?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks

Could you encourage your friend to share his result here? It will help others who are researching.

J

jack89

Hi jack89, how has your research been? I am also looking to do a hair transplant this summer and I was wondering if you had more insights with getfue clinic. Any other alternatives you are considering or you have decided already?

Hi
Getfue was recommended and from comparing his pictures and how his hair is and has stayed it is very good but I cant seem to find any review on them.

I did look at cosmedica and spoke to the uk rep, I sent all my pictures over and he said I would get a full review withing 48 hours that was 21/05/2020 and i still havent received anything.

I've calmed down on the search to get it done this summer as there are the isolation rules on flying now. I'm hoping for beginning of next year now once the 2week isolation rules are definitely gone.

J

jack89

Could you encourage your friend to share his result here? It will help others who are researching.
Il be honest I doubt he will as hes quite a private person. When I speak to him next I will bring it up though.

M

Maximus1986

Hi Maximus1986

How are you progressing?
Hi Bigmac,

Apologies I haven't fully shared my story or any pics at all. Things are shaping up nicely, coming into my sixth month now. Still hoping for more density, but there are still stubbles and fine hair showing so that's good, I am hopeful. I am happy with the shape and hairline, it has given me so much more confidence and I'm no longer camera shy!!

Cheers.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear you`re happy with the progress. I`ll look forward to seeing your pictures if you decide to add them.
All the best.
Bm.

R

reddwarf

Hi Bigmac,

Apologies I haven't fully shared my story or any pics at all. Things are shaping up nicely, coming into my sixth month now. Still hoping for more density, but there are still stubbles and fine hair showing so that's good, I am hopeful. I am happy with the shape and hairline, it has given me so much more confidence and I'm no longer camera shy!!

Cheers.

Yes please document your story.

J

Jwicks

I have booked in an operation with Dr Emrah Cinik for November time, and have seen some fairly good results on the Facebook group for HT experiences. I am aware they are a bit of a hair mill but it is now a big clinic with multiple staff. However I have been having second thoughts seeing Fuecapillar and their 1 patient a day routine. The results look pretty great also. Would this be a better option?

F

Forelock

I have booked in an operation with Dr Emrah Cinik for November time, and have seen some fairly good results on the Facebook group for HT experiences. I am aware they are a bit of a hair mill but it is now a big clinic with multiple staff. However I have been having second thoughts seeing Fuecapillar and their 1 patient a day routine. The results look pretty great also. Would this be a better option?

Having a known doctor perform it is the option that has the best chance of success.

S

smudger78

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of Dr Mahmut Kaya working out of Memorial Hospital, Istanbul? Have seen him via Qunomedical who offer a package of 3000 grafts for £1500 which seems pretty cheap. Have googled but can't find ay reviews of him anywhere or on this forum so any info appreciated.

Thanks

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hi Bigmac,

Cheers.

It would help others who are looking into Turkish clinics if you posted your story.
With the number of clinics offering all sorts of deals... sorting out the decent clinics will be helpful. I`m sure there`ll be loads who get low quality results and then just hide away.

Esteticium

SAÇ EKİM-1.jpg

R

Ronaldo18

That sounds very detailed and very hands on by the doc...…..The techs did my extractions and the doc placed the grafts. He is very cheap for one patient per day I must say. Well done on your research!

Hi mate you said u went to cosmedica and dr acar done the implanting you say?

R

Ronaldo18

Let us know how you get on. I looked on Cosmedica website. They have the option of having the doctor do the surgery for a higher fee.

dr acar does not do the whole procedure bro only incisions the rest if performed by the technician (who I’m near certain is highly skilled as he wouldn’t want his great reputation tarnished in any way)

B

Baldylocks20

I had 2700 FUE done at Dr Cinik, Istanbul and had terrible results.

Hair line is too low and in a straight line with no variation, iplanted hair sticks straight up at a 90 degree angle to the scalp due to poor incision and implantation technique, which makes the final result look really strange. To cover this up I have to either completely shave my hair off or grow a fringe to ensure the hairline is not visible. Folliculitis and pain has developed in the hairline area due to the implants being placed in at an irregular (and probably too deep) angle. Many of the grafts on the hairline are not single grafts but multiple giving an unnatural appearance.My donor area is scarred and the hair there cannot be cut too short as it looks like I have large bald patches when it is. I suspect this is as a result of poor extraction and removing significant number of grafts with one "pull" as quickly as possible.

Everyone I come across looks at my hairline strangely. I raised my concerns with the clinic every month for around 6 months but on every occasion was told everything was fine and I had nothing to worry about. Their tactic over the last couple of months however has been to completely ignore me. When I asked about 6 months ago to meet Dr. CINIK to show him the results and discuss the concerns I was told that he was far too busy for such things. The clinic had no interest in discussing the results with me. So much for the 10 year "guarantee".

I urge everyone to do thorough research; whilst the higher end doctors can charge quite a bit more, if you go for a cheaper procedure it may well mean you have to pay again for it to be repaired somewhere else as well as having to go through a terrible experience, costing you time, money and effort in the long run. There are some good clinics out there but you must do your research and go for the higher end if you are to achieve something which look natural.