• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

After advice

• Thread starter Hoping_for_hair
  • Start date
Eugenix Hair Sciences

Eugenix Hair Sciences

Valued member
Hi guys

Like a few people I've been following the forum for a while and found it a great resource and help watching you guys progress with your journeys. I've been debating going the transplant route for a while but I'd like to ask the experts, if I may!

Like a lot of us I've been losing my hair since mid 20s but never really wanted to face into it and hoping it would magically grow back! I'm now mid 30s and have been on finasterade and minox daily for around 2.5 years along with doing some laser treatments as well for the first year of that.

I think it's thickened up my hair (at least to me when I look at it, not sure the pics below do it justice. But my hairline is bothering me more and more. Over lockdown I let it grow a bit and managed a bit of a 'comb over' which did look quite thick, however there isn't much I can do with the hairline (looking at myself on zoom calls all day dosent help!) Especially as my hair naturally flops over from my left side so when I try and swoosh it over it highlights the low density area in the hairline and behind.

I've attached a few pics - two are from before I started any treatment and the others are just now - I buzzed it down to see what it was like and help me decide if I need to go for surgery!

(The latest ones are me directly under a bright light to see it in its worst state, so might not be fair to the first ones).

I've been speaking to some clinics who recommending around 1500 for hairline, temples and front 3rd and another 1000 or so for the crown.

My main focus would be the hairline as my forehead is a bit on the larger side already and not keen on it continuing to grow!!

What do you guys think? I worry my loss is a bit diffuse and don't want to risk losing existing hair if new ones are transplanted in.

Does that sound the right number of grafts? Or would you recommend any other approaches?

Cheers!!
The number of grafts recommended seems legitimate.
Regarding the medications, you should continue with them after the procedure. You can consult your doctor and accordingly pause the use of the medications prior to and after the procedure as per whatever he feels is the required period.

H

Hoping_for_hair

I've booked my transplant for early March.

Debated it in my head for a few years now and finally think I'm ready - both nervous and excited!

I

iuc

Debated it in my head for a few years now and finally think I'm ready - both nervous and excited!
Good luck! I’ve also been looking at having mine done at Farjo. Which procedure and which surgeon did you opt for? I had an online consultation with Dr Greg Williams today.

H

Hoping_for_hair

Good luck! I’ve also been looking at having mine done at Farjo. Which procedure and which surgeon did you opt for? I had an online consultation with Dr Greg Williams today.
I went with the Hair Dr and FUE

B

Baldingman23

Valued member

All the best with the procedure. I remember having that feeling of nerves and excitement prior to my HT. Just think about your new head of hair 12 months later!!!

H

Hoping_for_hair

All the best with the procedure. I remember having that feeling of nerves and excitement prior to my HT. Just think about your new head of hair 12 months later!!!
Thanks! I'll share my journey on the forum as well - sure I will need the advice and some reassurance as I go!