• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Am I too late

J

Jaypi

I’ve been thinking of getting a hair transplant and have emailed some pictures to some clinics. They both said they can do 3000 grafts in one procedure and maybe a second smaller procedure later. I see a lot of people getting that amount of grafts in a much smaller area so I am a little concerned they just want my business. I want some advice if you guys think I’m too late?

Attachments

• AD929853-597A-46B8-B835-8B2EE3888FF3.jpeg
    AD929853-597A-46B8-B835-8B2EE3888FF3.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 28A3483E-57B4-4F76-8E9F-6AD651C75B35.jpeg
    28A3483E-57B4-4F76-8E9F-6AD651C75B35.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 5ADBA414-15A7-4E78-B5AF-7E5A020378FB.jpeg
    5ADBA414-15A7-4E78-B5AF-7E5A020378FB.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 218
P

Philwhitehouseuk

I think people who have a transplants with ur kind of loss the transplants tend to look stringy comb over appearance
Differcult one

P

Philwhitehouseuk

I had 3 hair transplants total of 3200 grafts and all I had was a receding hairline and my transplants are still see through appearance

P

Philwhitehouseuk

If u really wanted a transplant
Tell surgeon u just want to clipper a number 1 guard all over and have fue
And scatter the grafts all over top of head also create a nice hairline
If u want to grow long I think it will look too thin and u will have to use hair fibres to bulk up hair

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
@Jaypi

How old are?
Do you take any hair loss preventative medication i.e. finasteride and/or minoxidil?

Whilst every patient and every case is completely unique, 3000 grafts would generally restore your hairline and frontal third. Depending on your final hairline design, the more conservative it would be, would help this graft count reach a little further, possibly into the beginning of your mid scalp.
From your photos, you have experienced extensive loss, with your lateral humps (sides) and lower crown having dropped which further exposes scalp, requiring more coverage and further limiting your donor area.
From the photo showing your ocipital (back) donor, your density doesnt appear so high to be honest. Have you met any of the clinics who you may be considering in person? Have any suggested an in person consultation?

In terms of it is the right decision for you, it really depends what you are looking to achieve. Your donor area does not appear to have the density or quality to provide the necessary grafts to achieve a larger restoration.
Due to your denisty, any extractions from the donor must be optimally managed by a quality surgeon to ensure that you are not left with a visibly overharvested donor area.

I wish you the best and would recommend not to proceed with any surgeon until you have met them in person and allowed them to assess and evaluate your case and understand your donor density, hair groupings, miniaturisation etc. to honesty advise you on what would be the most appropriate option for you.

Reactions: sl
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jaypi.
You are a high Norwood with the risk of losing more hair. Are you using any hair loss medications?
Your donor area looks like 3000 would max it out, therefore you may only have one shot at a HT. Body hair is an option if you have the donor.

I agree with what’s been said about your frontal third being the main area that the grafts would be most beneficial. You may have some left for a sparse covering in the crown.

At what age did your hair loss begin and how old are you now?

J

Jaypi

I am 30 years old and started losing my hair around 23. Ive been on finisteride and minoxidil for over a year now. I haven’t lost anything since then and maybe gained a little thickening but that’s about it

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
If your loss is stable then a transplant is certainly a possibility yes but as the others have said you will likely only get one shot at this unless you incorporate body hair/beard hair as a source of donor....Do you have a good body hair supply? For me if I was you and I was to have a HT I would concentrate on the front and go for a conservative mature hairline.....one that would frame the face nicely but one that would still look good if your loss was to progress in the future.

The fact that Finasteride has stabilised your loss at the minute is definitely a positive thing and I would advise if your going to do this that you keep taking hairloss meds.

Where are you located?

Good luck dude

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That's good you've stabalised your hair loss.
What are you wanting to achieve coverage wise?

J

Jaypi

Enough to get a decent hair cut. Doesn’t have to be long but just something that gets rid of the bald look

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Strengthening your existing hairline (lower density) with density to the frontal third is what I think is your best option still but you may decide to spread the grafts out more and gain as much coverage as possible. Have you had a look at any similar patients to yourself to see what they were able to achieve?
It all depends on your donor after it's been checked by a doctor.
This guy is a similar hair loss pattern to you and had 3000 grafts.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Listen to the guys
Very smart advice
Keep on meds etc
Frame the face and behind
Scatter some on crown abit
Keep short length
Have fue not strip cos ur scar could stretch
Also meds could stop working later on
Just take ur time with it

Y

yogeshmander

After seeing the pictures i think yes its little bit late. Now you can go with hair transplant option or Finasteride.