• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

At crossroads with regards to getting a hair transplant

S

smokeybacon

Good luck with the meds, personally I think you dodged a bullet with the two clinics that offered you a hair transplant at the moment.

Last edited:
Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
The first clinic was The Kensington Hair clinic and the second one was Fortes Clinic by Dr Saeed which is located on harley street. He offered to give me 3000 grafts for £4500. Yeah I got body hair but I think transplanting those would make the hair on my scalp unnatural.

I’ve seen good examples of body hair usage which blends in good with scalp hair.

A

AI 7

Good luck with the meds, personally I think you dodged a bullet with the two clinics that offered you a hair transplant at the moment.
Appreciate that my brother, I just booked an appointment with my GP so hopefully he can prescribe me some finasteride. I will look to stabilise my hair before getting a transplant. Also, there's surgeons who say that they don't like your donor area because they feel that they might not be the best surgeon to do a transplant on you but there's other surgeons out there that are amazing and can give you the look you want; in other words, my hair loss and that particular surgeon's expertise would be a good fit.

Sorry for the late reply as well I have been extremely busy as of late with work and visiting more clinics.

A

AI 7

I’ve seen good examples of body hair usage which blends in good with scalp hair.
A bit funny for me to mention this but a lot of people of my ethnicity have a lot of body hair and mine is quite dense so I wouldn't mind using those for a transplant if it blends in well.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
What you have to remember is your hair loss is progressive. Even if the meds stabilise your loss, you still can slowly lose the hair.
With your extent of loss there should be a plan in place for future loss with placement of grafts being able to stand alone and look natural.
An artificial look is not a good look and one you’d regret.
See what the meds do and then decide. It’ll give you more time to research.

A

AI 7

What you have to remember is your hair loss is progressive. Even if the meds stabilise your loss, you still can slowly lose the hair.
With your extent of loss there should be a plan in place for future loss with placement of grafts being able to stand alone and look natural.
An artificial look is not a good look and one you’d regret.
See what the meds do and then decide. It’ll give you more time to research.
My friend I'm so sorry for the late reply, I have been extremely busy with life as of recent and had no time to log back in to my account on the forum. I have also been in contact with other clinics, some were positive and others were not so good. I was hoping if you could please private message me and if I could have a talk with you with regards to this as I am not feeling to good about my condition. Thank you so much.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
A bit funny for me to mention this but a lot of people of my ethnicity have a lot of body hair and mine is quite dense so I wouldn't mind using those for a transplant if it blends in well.

If a clinic say they can do it I would use it.

S

smokeybacon

I´m surprised a clinic would be talking to you about using body hair at your age and a first hair transplant. If I understand this correctly and it´s not just talk. That almost says your scalp donor is shot before you start. You have nothing to lose and wait to see how your hair changes and then make a better decision. Kevboy, you really mean you just take anything a clinic says on face value? I´m shocked. Maybe why so many poor hair transplant are about, people believing talk without it being backed up with fact.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I´m surprised a clinic would be talking to you about using body hair at your age and a first hair transplant. If I understand this correctly and it´s not just talk. That almost says your scalp donor is shot before you start. You have nothing to lose and wait to see how your hair changes and then make a better decision. Kevboy, you really mean you just take anything a clinic says on face value? I´m shocked. Maybe why so many poor hair transplant are about, people believing talk without it being backed up with fact.

That is a fair point. Seeing both sides of the coin provide him with the knowledge to ask all the questions and make his mind up. I was thinking more along the lines of his hair has stabilised and he is ok to get a transplant. Food for thought.

MCAN Clinic

MCAN Clinic

Hello AI 7, first, we don't recommend getting a hair transplant for men who are under the age of 21. Since you are 25, you are suitable for a hair transplant in that matter, but we are always suggesting getting a hair transplant treatment when the hair loss process is stabilised.
Quitting smoking would be a good idea to have a successful hair transplant treatment.
You can get an FUE hair transplant with approximately 4500-5000 grafts. That would be enough to have a dense and natural look.
After the hair transplant, you can get PRP therapy to support your hair growth.